• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

All boils down to how much he really does want to play football then and how much he backs himself to get back playing at minimum Championship level.

While he remains a Wolves employee his chances of reviving his career are significantly diminished.

If he's overextended himself financially then he isn't really in a position to gamble though is he, much better placed waiting it out at Wolves with than guaranteed income, praying that something good enough to support him long term comes along or hoping he pays enough off that he can accept lower income going forwards.

I think how much he'd like to be playing regular football is going to come a distant second to keeping an extravagant roof over his family's heads.

Scott Hogan going to Brentford for 750k. Now that is disappointing.

Not bothered really

He has had 1 good season two leagues below where we now are.

Also he plays in a position where we have plenty of options IMO

I'd be looking to scale down considerably if I were Jamie. If he's got half a brain in his head, he would negotiate his way to a 1m lump-sum and be better off on an 8-10k a week contract playing as a journeyman for the rest of his career. Whose fucking fault is it that he's stuck with the most high-maintenance bitch in England?

Hell, I'd feel a lot better at the end of the day if I were earning my paycheck. He could easily drop down to League One and captain a side if he could convince someone he really wanted to play.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

i'm probably in a minority, but i think the guy really wants to play football - its just his body ain't up to it now. he's possibly played too many games in the past when he wasn't properly fit - that's down to his or his managers fault.

E&S reporting Sheff Wed contacted Wolves about Roger Johnson yesterday

Nash says they are WRONG

Express & Star ‏@ExpressandStar 32m
First bk - #Sheffield Wednesday in touch with #Wolves over Roger Johnson – but any transfer remains up in the air.
Bs0Ex-RCMAAguqe.jpg

Leicester sign Ulloa from Brighton for £7m.

Could this lead to us getting Wood from Leicester and even allow Brighton to afford the signing of Ward?

KJ has been reported as saying that HE has had no contact with Sheff. Wed, and that neither has Thelwell.
It may be that if there are any talks they could be at Moxey's level talking with agents, but KJ says he's not aware of it.

Leicester sign Ulloa from Brighton for £7m.

Could this lead to us getting Wood from Leicester and even allow Brighton to afford the signing of Ward?

Fingers crossed :crossfingers:

I definitely think Chris Wood will leave Leicester, probably on loan initially, I'd be very gutted if he went somewhere else.

James Wilson and Nick Powell have both been left out of Man Utd's pre-season tour. Would love either or both of them here.

The fat shit is injured for a change. :icon_lol:

Think there are quite a few question marks over Powell's attitude. Wigan fans seemed to think he was quite lazy I think. I like Wilson too but I can't see us signing anyone on loan that we can't sign long term. That said Powell is probably quite a bit down the pecking order now with all the signing they are making

James Wilson and Nick Powell have both been left out of Man Utd's pre-season tour. Would love either or both of them here.

Indeed, came here to suggest that too and you beat me to it. Would provide cover in midfield and up top with real quality.

Back