• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Just going by reports over the past season. As for not wanting to be considered for the U21 matches, I think that is relevant as it makes him appear that he can't be bothered.

I really don't think it's a question of money and it reflects badly on our fanbase when they continually carp on about how much he's on, I didn't see him putting a gun to our heads when we offered him that deal and nor were people saying it was a bad move to sign him permanently.

I simply think word has got around in the game that he is finished, which from what I've seen in fleeting reserve team games, he is. He no longer has the basic level of mobility required to have an impact on any game at any level. He's no more able to play in League Two, natural ability or not, than Paul Gascoigne or Bobby Charlton are.

Do you think he'd be realistically suited a highish level abroad? Say, Italy?

Just going by reports over the past season. As for not wanting to be considered for the U21 matches, I think that is relevant as it makes him appear that he can't be bothered.

Depends on the circumstances, if they've all been told that they won't be selected for U21 games to save blocking the younger lads then who can blame them for not bothering? In that situation O'Hara's begging to get back involved so scouts can come and have a look smacks of desperation, Johnson managed to get himself 2 seperate loans without having to resort to such measures.

Do you think he'd be realistically suited a highish level abroad? Say, Italy?

I don't think so, no, it's not a question of not being able to run like he used to - say, like Colin Cameron's legs went, but he's still playing now on and off despite being 42 this year, even if it is in the lower reaches of Scottish football - he doesn't possess and is apparently unable to reach a level of natural fitness and mobility appropriate to professional football. From what I have seen you will get the same anonymous displays from him whether he's playing for our reserves, Swindon, Portsmouth, Telford, Palermo, whatever.

Reading those quotes about Kevin Kyle in the ex Wolves thread it seems Glasgow Rangers throw silly money at bang average players. Jamie could look a player with the time he would be given in those leagues. Get on your bike to Scotland Jamie every game is like a testimonial.

Do I feel sorry for O'Hara? No, not really - although I agree with what Kenny says and I'm sure he's frustrated being out in the cold, he doesn't have to harp on about it via Instagram (I think it was Instagram anyway - that picture of the dressing room door a few weeks back?) or other such forms of social media.

Does he deserve the abuse he gets from a section of our support? Again, no - not really. Like Deutsch said, the vast majority (myself very much included) thought he was a brilliant signing at the time. Shit happens - who can possibly blame him for picking up as much £££ as possible, in a career that really doesn't last that long, knowing he's never going to command such a wage again? I really don't like the 'I pay his wages - he's on 20k and is a twat' argument. As has been said, he wasn't forced to sign at gunpoint and who could honestly say they wouldn't hold out for as much as they could possibly get to earn a living? Bringing what his wife does into any discussion is ridiculous and completely irrelevant.

Of course, I hope he leaves soon and I hope the whole farce is forgotten about quickly because it's such a tired, old discussion. We've so many better players on our books who have done loads for the club over the past 12 months. They're the future of Wolverhampton Wanderers, not Jamie O'Hara.

I wouldn't really say one picture on Instagram is "harping on about it". Has he posted more since? As for this up and coming interview, that's his second?

Reading those quotes about Kevin Kyle in the ex Wolves thread it seems Glasgow Rangers throw silly money at bang average players. Jamie could look a player with the time he would be given in those leagues. Get on your bike to Scotland Jamie every game is like a testimonial.

Aye, he could probably play for them or even Celtic.

I wouldn't really say one picture on Instagram is "harping on about it". Has he posted more since? As for this up and coming interview, that's his second?

Why bother mentioning it at all? Why bring the inevitable negative attention onto himself again? Utterly pointless thing to do. There was another rant he had last season as well wasn't there?

We're looking to loan out Cassidy already. If we let McAlinden go we're left with just Dicko and Clarke (seeing as it's likely Ward and Doyle will never play again). We then get the following from Jackett:

We’ve got no bids in, or are close to or approaching any bids, or we haven’t any approaches in for forwards of other clubs

Source

How many decent forwards would we need for this level? Four?

I think three with one out on loan (available for immediate recall) is enough with the system we play. We aren't going to play two up front very often if at all. Vokes was fourth choice striker here in 2008/9 and started four games, with us playing 4-4-2 all season.

Dont think Kenny Jackett will go into the new season short of strikers, if push comes to shove there will be a fair few 20 to 21 year olds not getting a regular game with Premier league clubs who we could take on loan.

Is a third choice striker going to get a regular game here though? Premier clubs don't let their kids out to sit on the bench.

Is a third choice striker going to get a regular game here though? Premier clubs don't let their kids out to sit on the bench.
Its a question of every player having the same opportunity to play, silly to guarantee a starting position to anyone. Coming from the Premier league at that age they should think themselves good enough.

Nothing new really. Paying for a fitness trainer and going to the US proves he wants to get fit. I think he's in denial personally, you can do as much cardio work as you like, but if you cannot get around the pitch it's a waste of time. His only hope would be if a club are prepared to build a team around him which compensates for his significant limitations

Nothing new really. Paying for a fitness trainer and going to the US proves he wants to get fit. I think he's in denial personally, you can do as much cardio work as you like, but if you cannot get around the pitch it's a waste of time. His only hope would be if a club are prepared to build a team around him which compensates for his significant limitations

Jamie must picture himself as the English Andrea Pirlo.......

Fitness or otherwise, O'Hara is fucking horrible playing in front of the back four.

Back