• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I'm not bothered what he earns. I'm just saying the teams who are likely to give him a chance can't afford it. I think 5k is a typical wage for the bigger clubs in L1. Surely they would give him a few games. A 1 months loan etc. If it is as deutsch says, that he just isn't good enough any more, then he's screwed and we may aswell just wait for his contract to end, and then he can go play for Telford.

They're not twins are they ? :)

thompson_twins_1513.jpg

or

thompson20and20thomson.jpg

Jamie O'Hara available for............0 (First official announcement of his fee I believe). Nash about to run a story on it apparently

His price is going up then. I'm sure we would have been willing to subsidise a permanent move previously.

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 4m
KJ: “I don’t think a fee is part of the situation – the whole financial deal is complicated by somebody on high wages because people are going to pay all or a percentage of his salary.
But #Wolves won't pay off O'Hara's 2 yrs on his contract. KJ: "There have been no discussions on a pay-off. He’s available for "transfer or loan - that’s the case and that’s the understanding between ourselves and the player."

Will anyone actually take him for nothing? I doubt it.

Well if someone wants him and can agree a wage with him, they will.

I'm sure someone will take a gamble on him at some point. I just surprised Wolves haven't approached the subject of just paying off the rest of his contract. Would make the whole situation a lot easier if they came to an agreement with him.

I'm sure someone will take a gamble on him at some point. I just surprised Wolves haven't approached the subject of just paying off the rest of his contract. Would make the whole situation a lot easy if they came to an agreement with him.

Took us an age to do that with Frankowski and Rosa if you remember. The latter was sat here for an entire two and a half seasons under Mick never getting anywhere near the team, with one paltry four game loan at Cheltenham in the meantime. It's not great practice from us, naive at best, needlessly hard nosed at worst.

Alex Pritchard gone on loan to Brentford. Shame, would have liked him here. Then again, we all know what happened (and what is still happening) to the last player Spurs sold us. Ahem

Took us an age to do that with Frankowski and Rosa if you remember. The latter was sat here for an entire two and a half seasons under Mick never getting anywhere near the team, with one paltry four game loan at Cheltenham in the meantime. It's not great practice from us, naive at best, needlessly hard nosed at worst.

Its alright being hard nosed if the situation is to suit the club but this one doesn't. As it stands, we are set to lose £30k a month for the next 2 years for a man who is going to do the square root of fuck all and hope that someone wants him. Just sit down, put an offer his way and start discussions.

Its alright being hard nosed if the situation is to suit the club but this one doesn't. As it stands, we are set to lose £30k a month for the next 2 years for a man who is going to do the square root of fuck all and hope that someone wants him. Just sit down, put an offer his way and start discussions.

Thinking about it, Paul Jones as well. Was quite clearly never going to play for us again - but he just sat here for more than a year before he got a loan and then finally we paid him off.

I don't quite understanding the club's stance, this kind of situation is unfortunate but it happens. We seem to be less than proactive in sorting it out which just wastes everyone's time and the club's money.

Surely if we paid him off he wouldn't accept anything less than full pay? Therefore it would be better to keep him for a cash flow situation and also the outside chance that someone will at least take on some of his contract in the next 2 years?

By the same token - say he's on £20k a week now for two years (just to keep the maths simple) - so he has around £1.9m of salary left to draw. He's already likely to be an extremely wealthy young man.

If we pay him half of that - hardly a pittance - and cancel his contract he immediately becomes more attractive to a new club, they have no obligation to pay him anything beyond what they feel he's worth. Whereas now that big existing salary looms whenever anyone thinks of giving him a go and undoubtedly puts them off.

I doubt O'Hara would be willing to take half of what he's 'owed' if they did propose a settlement.

I doubt he's been astute enough, even with his ridiculous means, to plan for the leaner times ahead, in fact wasn't there a Twitter outburst some time ago about life being simpler before the worries of a mortgage and everything else? So say he's living fairly close to his limit, financially, he'd be stupid to accept a lump sum now with no promise of similar income on the horizon, he'd probably be bankrupt by the end of the year if he did that.

Back