• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Tongo Doumbia, has provisionally agreed contractual details with Lens. Fee could be agreed today. (L'Equipe)

What do we reckon? 500k or so.

Great personality and very likeable was Stale, but he fucked us over in the transfer market didn't he. Around £12m spent (?) and all we got from that was Sako.

I'll accept he was unlucky with Bokari breaking but otherwise, a quite staggering amount of money wasted on utter garbage who simply weren't cut out for the English league. Siggy still disappoints me the most as I thought he was going to do well for us. His 'performance' at Rotherham last December stands out as one of the top 10 worst ever displays from a Wolves player. It was like watching Fred during the World Cup.

RC Lens are owned by the same guy that's trying to buy Sheffield Wednesday. We may well have got a lot more than £500K.

I'm still not convinced the 3 from France were all his doing.

Either way he was a guy with no experience of signing players, he'd only ever been a head coach with a DoF above him providing the players so it was a gamble from the club if they did leave him to it with a pocket full of cash and free reign to do what he wanted with it.

You mean this dude is really gullible?

:icon_lol:

I mean he's filthy rich and Doumbia is a proven player in the French top flight. The Moxster will have got a fair amount for him I reckon.

Doumbia was the only one who we weren't going to struggle to get rid of, he would have had a few French teams in for him.

You mean this dude is really gullible?

and he's dealing with Jez....
Jez; "Lets just get them off the books"
Lens owner; "We really like him and want to sign him"
Jez; "Really? That'll be £1m please"

Yeah Doumbia has a good reputation and he didn't do too badly last season for Valenciennes from what I've heard. At least that's a player off of our books if that happens.

Just had a quick look at our transfer dealings in 2012/13. Cover thine eyes:

Frank Nouble
Bjorn Sigurdarson
Georg Margreitter
Razak Boukari
Bakary Sako
Tongo Doumbia
Marian Kello
Slawomir Peszko (loan)
Jermaine Pennant (loan)
Kaspars Gorkss (loan)
Jack Robinson (loan)
Nouha Dicko (loan)

Ouch.

Eeek! Sak was obviously a good signing and Robinson was an improvement on what we had but that's it. Dicko as a right winger too :facepalm:

Peszko would've been alright too if that kid from Crystal Palace hadn't tried to launch him into orbit.

Gorkss on 25k per week though. Baffling stuff.

I quite liked Peszko too but many weren't convinced

Peszko would've been alright too if that kid from Crystal Palace hadn't tried to launch him into orbit.

Gorkss on 25k per week though. Baffling stuff.

Peszko clearly didn't give a shit though. As for Gorkss - I remember 'Deano' saying a deal had been agreed in principle for us to sign the Latvian Lummox if we avoided relegation. Thank fuck we went down.

Peszko could have been a success but his questionable attitude + Dean Saunders put an end to that.

Robinson was ok, bit hot headed

Gorkss on paper was a decent loan signing. Gorkss on the pitch, put next to Johnson was a slow turning disaster

Wasn't Pennant a signing made by Jez? Either way, he was a lazy bag of nuts in his spell with us

Dicko clearly was a Thelwell signing but Deano didn't really want him.

Almost as bad as the year before.

O'Hara
Johnson
De Vries
Jonsson

Or the year before that

Guedioura
Van Damme
Fletcher
Mouyokolo
Hunt
Doherty
Hammill
Griffiths
Baso

09/10

Milijas
Hahnemann
Doyle
Surman
Halford
Zubar
Maierhofer

Thank fuck for Kevin Thelwell.

Peszko clearly didn't give a shit though. As for Gorkss - I remember 'Deano' saying a deal had been agreed in principle for us to sign the Latvian Lummox if we avoided relegation. Thank fuck we went down.

I disagree about Peszko (before his injury), he was a willing runner and added balance we never really had down the right later in the season. He didn't give a shit at the end when Saunders decided it'd be a good idea to shoehorn Edwards in at wide right because he "works aaard in training" and I don't blame him at all.

And yeah, thank fuck for Kevin Thelwell. Mick calling the shots on transfer policy was a recipe for disaster.

Almost as bad as the year before.

O'Hara
Johnson
De Vries
Jonsson

With the exception of poor old Eggy, our incomings at the time actually quite impressed me!! Hindsight is a great thing.

I disagree about Peszko (before his injury), he was a willing runner and added balance we never really had down the right later in the season. He didn't give a shit at the end when Saunders decided it'd be a good idea to shoehorn Edwards in at wide right because he "works aaard in training" and I don't blame him at all.

I obviously didn't agree with Saunders' 'reasoning' there but I would never absolve any player from blame if they get pissed off with the manager or the lack of harmony within the squad and refuse to pull their weight. An appalling lack of respect for the club.

An appalling lack of respect for the club.

To be fair, that was running through the team from the word go. Probably thought it was the way to do things at Wolves

Back