• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Ah right, was that recently then? Remember seeing a week or so ago there were going through the appeal process

Yesterday I think. A good friend of mine supports RC Lens so I've been treated to hours of discussing this.:blah-sleeping1:

Ah right, was that recently then? Remember seeing a week or so ago there were going through the appeal process

The 25th JULY the French Olympic Committee said they should be allowed into L1,the French FA has the final say which has not been said yet.
Don't ask me why the Olympic committee has anything to do with it.

I liked Milijas, but he never seemed to get a decent run in the team. It was as though he knew his place was always under threat.

There was a short period in the 2nd PL season where Milijas looked really useful playing a deep midfield role alongside Jones with Edwards ahead of them, they kept the ball so well but Mick soon went back to tried and trusted, hard running and playing percentages.

Don't think anyone would've picked up the Van Damme family issue, his wife went home to have their baby and decided she never wanted to come back, plain bad luck.

Think that was just the one game (Chelsea) but I agree, we kept the ball so much better with Milijas and two others in midfield. From then on for a while we persisted with actually keeping the ball and performances really started to improve. We then had a ridiculous amount of injuries which forced a formation change which was bad luck.

Obviously you can look at Milijas and say he wasn't fit or mobile enough but if we had played the way that suited him he'd have done a lot better and more consistently too.

Did I? :ursofunny:

Yep! :icon_lol:

You were attempting to tell a joke about Pistorius, forgot his name (hence description), then forgot the punchline of the joke so started singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in the middle of the beer garden. (You got the first line of the song wrong as well, FWIW).

Short and to the point Penk. I think I remember DW once saying similar. Milijas played about 60 games in three years, that suggests to me that he was hardly a regular.

I never said he was a regular, just that it was a myth that he didn't have a run of games.

I thought Milijas was a lazy pea-hearted shitehawk but maybe that's just me. Never understood the fascination with him. If he was right footed he'd have never had a career outside of Serbia.

I liked Nenad a lot but he was a baffling signing. He didn't suit the way we played under MM in any way, shape or form. He had a few good games but more often than not he was finished after 60 minutes at the most.

Yep! :icon_lol:

You were attempting to tell a joke about Pistorius, forgot his name (hence description), then forgot the punchline of the joke so started singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in the middle of the beer garden. (You got the first line of the song wrong as well, FWIW).

Even sober, I'm not sure I know a joke about Pistorius - I'm now intrigued to know what the joke is.

Even sober, I'm not sure I know a joke about Pistorius - I'm now intrigued to know what the joke is.

Sadly, I had absolutely no idea what you were attempting to say so I can't help you there!

I never said he was a regular, just that it was a myth that he didn't have a run of games.

As a matter of interest, do you know what were the most consecutive games that he appeared in? I may well be wrong, but it seemed to me that Milijas was usually the player to be dropped.

Twitter is linking us and Leeds with Liam Cooper - 22 year old CB from Chesterfield

As a matter of interest, do you know what were the most consecutive games that he appeared in? I may well be wrong, but it seemed to me that Milijas was usually the player to be dropped.

Not without doing some research, but I remember him playing over 10 games on the bounce a couple of times.

He wans't suited to a high tempo attacking game that we had played in the Championship, nor the backs to the wall stuff we adopted in the Premier League first season. He needed us to play through him and that was never going to happen on a consistent basis.

For all his flaws (slow, fitness issues, defensive positioning) he had a lot of quality regardless of what footed he is. His decision making when receiving the ball was pretty good though sometimes let down by movement around him when he held onto the ball and his quality of passing and vision was bloody excellent when he could showcase it. As was his set piece delivery.

Like most footballers they need to feel valued and played to their strengths. Nenad wasn't and didn't have enough other qualities to get around that on a consistent basis.

Twitter is linking us and Leeds with Liam Cooper - 22 year old CB from Chesterfield

As soon as Hause went to Gillingham I assumed we were in for a centre back to be honest. I know KJ likes Ebanks-Landell but that still isn't enough if we get an injury.

Quick search on him and he played for Hull - I think I remember him actually, might have played a few games in the Premier League for them

As soon as Hause went to Gillingham I assumed we were in for a centre back to be honest. I know KJ likes Ebanks-Landell but that still isn't enough if we get an injury.

Stearman, Batth, Ricketts, Ebanks

Certainly need another one in there at some point

Back