• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Sako with less end product and a worse attitude, maybe.

yeah i thought as much, always got that impression, be intriguing to see where he ends up.

Someone will take a chance on him because of his reputation. Maybe Huddersfield or Blackburn.

We have three better wingers than Eagles - no way!

Stuart Gray at Sheff Wed says Roger Johnson is a player they are looking at.

Should be a quick phone call

"Can we have Roger from you"
YES
"How Much"
We will give you 100k

It's all over Facebook that we're in for out of contract Newcastle midfielder Connor Newton. The lad who's been on loan at St. Mirren.

I'm told that KJ was a huge fan of Shane Lowry when he was at Millwall. Left sided centre half who can also play at left back, just been released. Cheap, easy replacement for George? Over 100 Championship games under his belt so good experience at that level and turns 25 next month.

If we're really serious about getting promotion next season how about Will Buckley if Brighton don't go up- would cost a bomb tho I'd expect so more of a "if money were no object" type idea.

We'd be needing Chelsea to subsidise the majority of his 30/40k a week wage though I'd imagine.

I'd really like to see us go in for Pringle as I've read nothing but good reports about him and people were saying he completely changed the game when he came on in the 6-4.

I wouldn't be averse to looking for a loan option to provide full back cover. Its a tricky one given we have three potential right backs and only one left back with the only cover from our first choice right back. That isn't ideal.

I'd perhaps look to loan EEL out, keep Ricketts and Doherty for RB then add a left back to cover Golbourne.

Left back is an interesting one, unless you include Ricketts we have zero cover, so you'd think we'll strengthen here, but if we do it should be to genuinely challenge Golbourne not to offer cover. The 3-4 signings I think we'll make all need to be with the intention of going into the first team or at least seriously challenging, no Halford/Maierhoffer type squad fillers.

I agree we need left back cover and also centre half, central mid and striker. Personally happy with Jacobs/Edwards at 10 and would like to see 1/2 youngsters given a go as wide cover. Think we will see max 4 players come in.
For me the concern is are we going to get quality players to come in just for cover as I think Kenny will start the first half dozen games with our current first team

Just what Wolves need:

I'm told that KJ was a huge fan of Shane Lowry when he was at Millwall. Left sided centre half who can also play at left back, just been released. Cheap, easy replacement for George? Over 100 Championship games under his belt so good experience at that level and turns 25 next month.

Heard it too.

Snapshot about him from Milwall:

So, it’s that time again. The end of the season brings a fresh batch of players to come to the end of their contracts.

For the lucky few, new deals are offered and the uncertainty is cast away for a little longer. For others, they are wished luck in their future endeavours and thanked for their contribution to the cause.

For Millwall, that time came on Friday afternoon when the club officially announced four players will be released and free to search for a new suitor to where they can apply their trade.

Andy Keogh, Jack Smith, Liam Feeney and Shane Lowry were told by manager Ian Holloway the quartets contracts would not be renewed then their deals expire on June 30.

Shane Lowry was arguably the most high-profile casualty of the Ian Holloway era.

Under former manager, Kenny Jackett, Lowry was brought in form Aston Villa in November 2011. Initially on loan before signing permanently the following January. The 24-year-old came into the club as a centre-half before having fleeting appearances at left-back.

Known for his no-nonsense style and tough tackling, Lowry endeared himself to the Lions faithful. Regardless of position, the Australian gave his all for the cause. Under Holloway, however, Lowry has found opportunities limited as of late. Ollie has admitted to preferring Mark Beevers in the left-sided centre-half slot. Beever’s height complimenting Alan Dunne’s size and nerve on the ball.

When Lowry first arrived in SE16, he showed all the hallmarks of being a potential Millwall captain of the future, and making 82 appearances for the club, he was showing week-in and week-out his hunger to succeed. Lowry scored two goals during his Lions career. His first, a perfectly timed header at the Ricoh Arena (remember that place!) to give Millwall a 1-0 win away to Coventry City, that goal went along way to securing Millwall Championship safety.

Lowry’s second, and final goal, well, that was one that will be talked about for years to come. The Australian was standing over a free-kick 35-yards from goal, Millwall attacking the end where their 3,000 plus fans were housed, Charlton the opposition in a tense south London derby. Lowry steps up and fires an absolute arrow into the top corner. Cue scenes of pandemonium from Lowry, his teammates, the Lions faithful. A goal to remember the combative defender as he moves on to pastures new.

I can see why Lowry was released. He was an expensive player to have not to be involved in a match-day squad. Scott Malone has made the left-back position his own, Lowry’s less favoured position, and with Mark Beevers seemingly more desirable at left centre-half, the need for Lowry was decreasing. Not to mention the arrival in January of midfielder Shaun Williams, who for his old club MK Dons, had played at centre-half. So, with Williams able to fill the positions Lowry once had his name etched into, the need for the Australian was no more. With time up on his deal and terms, Ollie saw fit to release Lowry, for footballing reasons. Reasons that I have noted, and there reasons why I feel he has been let go. All signs point to a potential reunion with Kenny Jackett at Wolverhampton Wanderers and a they will be getting a player Jackett knows well, and a player that the majority of Lions fans hold in high regard, and at 24 years of age, the former Aston Villa youngster still had a bright future ahead of him.

http://www.london24.com/sport/champ...eogh_smith_feeney_and_lowry_leaving_1_3594600

If we can get him on a decent wage (it was quite high it seems) then he'd be good cover as he knows the league, and could even force out someone at CB/LB if he stars and progressing on his talent.

High for Millwall isn't high for us though.

No point in signing a player purely as a back up, we've got youngsters good enough to be back ups. We need to be signing players with the purpose of challenging for a starting place.

Connor Newton is a strange one. I hope we go for Tavernier or Pringle, both would slot into our squad seamlessly IMO.

Back