• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

SKY SPORTS
Wolves are chasing Belgium international Franck Moussa and Leicester winger Lloyd Dyer

Thoughts?

As a winger, Dyer's a bit too old for my liking. I can't see anything in that to be honest.

I think both are out of contract so may just be posturing.

Dyer has pace and directness enough in this division but not sure he has the intelligence required to play in our system, but then you could argue that about Sako too. Can certainly play both sides but his end product can be variable. I'd take him to compete with our wide spots.

Moussa is more of a 10 but can play wide left or right easily and is more of a Jacobs type, had the world at his feet when at lg1 level with Southend but failed to do anything with it and his previous Championship spell didn't end well (Leicester). He's certainly not as good as Pringle, Pritchard, Vuckic or McCecheran who can all play the 10 position and you would think would be available and he's definitely not in the same class as Jacobs.

Moussa is the one who scored a range of unbelievable goals at the start of the season, isn't he?

Moussa is the one who scored a range of unbelievable goals at the start of the season, isn't he?

He did, went through a purple patch early this year too I think.

I'd be very happy with Moussa if he was bought in to compete with Price as the midfielder alongside KMac (i.e. deeper and central which would allow Jacobs to play in behind Dicko).

He has Championship experience, is still only 24 and has played over 200+ league games. He's steadily improving every season (I think his move to Leicester happened a season or two early for him) and he's also out of contract so wouldn't cost us anything. Definitely the kind of player I think we'll be looking at and I'd be happy with him.

Regards Dyer, he's just come off the back of playing nearly 40 games for a team who won the Championship so I don't think we can grumble about him either. Agree with Johnny in that his final ball can sometimes be a little inconsistent - maybe that's why Leicester may have question marks over him going in to a premier league season. But he's a different type of winger to Henry and again, I can see him being a target.

To be honest, I'm encouraged by these names - even if they are plucked out of the sky.

Dyer is 31 and his game is based on pace, that would worry me.

I've always actually rated Dyer but I don't think he is as good technically as our current options and I doubt he is in the right age bracket. moussa is certainly more likely a target , fits the profile so to speak. Both probably just agent talk though

I like Moussa! Though he sometimes feels a lot like Sako to me, in that he is capable of being unbelievably bad and good in the same game...but I do like him. Would definitely take him.

Know nothing about him, but like the box to box bit.

Never heard of him. I had a quick look on YouTube and found a couple of decent goal clips but not much else.

Sort of player we need to be looking at. Younger lads being released by PL teams but have got good 1st team experience

Frimpong's been released by Barnsley. At the risk of attracting several "not this again" responses, could he rediscover his mojo to some extent at a club he has some affinity toward?

IMO Frimpong would be a fantastic signing! Young, hungry, good passer, and very strong!

And just released by Barnsley...

If he wasn't a complete bellend he'd be a good player but way more trouble than he's worth and he's been shit for Barnsley. No thanks.

Back