• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

The first line of that story tells you it's posturing from an agent. I like Clayton and if that's true it's a good bit of business although with a year left it could be the same as the Maguire story sadly. I thnk there may well be a lot of these types of story in the next few weeks.

Clayton and McDonald together in midfield would be class.

Billy Jones available on a free.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-billy-jones-set-7122224

Would release Ricketts to play CB.
Probably wages too high though.

I like Billy Jones as a player but I just can't for a second see how he'd be on our radar. In professional football terms, he isn't young any more - he's turned down a "new and improved" contract at a Premier League club, and we already have good options at right back. I just can't see him being on our list at all.

Do potential signings for Wolves have to fall into a less than 10k a week wage policy?

Jones will stay in the premier league and get a better deal than he would at West Brom. Very nice free transfer for a midtable team.

Do potential signings for Wolves have to fall into a less than 10k a week wage policy?

I would suggest so. Don't agree that we won't sign older players as we have signed Sam Ricketts. I think the club may still have a young and cheap policy but if you can get the right free transfer I don't think it matters how old they are.

I'd like to see us go for Joe Cole as he's said money isn't important and his career is, which is playing football for as long as possible. I'm fairly sure he'll end up in the MLS but his comments were interesting. I'd also like to see us splash a little cash and go for Jordan Mutch from Cardiff as they will no doubt implode very shortly. Could be the type of midfielder we need to play alongside Super Kev.

When do the team report back for pre-season? Just curious as Sako messaged The Relegator Roger Johnson on Instagram saying "see you on the 25th June"

When do the team report back for pre-season? Just curious as Sako messaged The Relegator Roger Johnson on Instagram saying "see you on the 25th June"

Black Country booze and cruise bus night out?

Johnson,Ward and O'Hara will be just like new signings!

Speaking of Roger Johnson, this cropped up on my Facebook newsfeed today.

1236508_10152258874224270_281792008001023507_n.jpg

I don't think it's recent. It was posted to a Wolves page I follow on Facebook today and I hadn't seen it before - judging by the comment from him at the bottom it was when we were playing him with the kids. So you'd have to say sticking shit like this on Instagram where it's in clear view of the fans don't exactly do him any favours, Mark.

That's "36 weeks" in the top right, yeah? So around nine months ago, when KJ first dumped him in the U21s.

Indeed. As I say, I hadn't seen it before. Had I seen it at the time, I'd have thought "what a cock". I do now, to be fair. The sooner we get rid, the better. Come on Wednesday!

Back