• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

One year left, same as Ward and Doyle. O'Hara has two left.

Nice car, shit colour though.

Joe Cole and Jordan Mutch!? Cole is very much the O'Hara and Johnson type we don't want at the club! Mutch has been one of the successes at Cardiff this season, he will stay in the Prem.

Joe Cole's attitude has always been spot on but he can't play at a serious level any more sadly.

I'd keep Cassidy for one more year...still young and very little cost to us. I remember similar comments being said about Vokes not being good enough as well...

Agreed - he's a good pro, but past it now. I would imagine a couple of seasons in the American League would suit him ideally.

I'd keep Cassidy for one more year...still young and very little cost to us. I remember similar comments being said about Vokes not being good enough as well...

The comments about Vokes came after he failed to make it in the Premier League/Championship. Cassidy was utter Pony in League 1 for both Wolves and Tranmere Rovers. You can't compare the two IMO. At least when Vokes wasn't scoring he was offering the team something else with his hold up play.

I think most people saw Vokes as a decent Champ player...he scored some important goals for us at that level. Cassidy has scored no goals for us ever.

Cassidy to Walsall on a loan could be a possibility as Kenny Jackett mentions he could go out on loan to a league one club. Walsall binned their striker from last season, and they do create chances.

It's absolutely pointless keeping Cassidy if his contracts up he's got 0% chance of making impact in the Championship.

I think Jackett sees Cassidy as a personal project. He clearly sees something in him.

I was talking to a Sheffield United fan last night, and he really rates McGuire. The Blades are desperate to try to keep him but they know there will be interest in him so are setting the transfer fee very high to try to put other clubs off buying him.

He is immensely rated round these parts, he is often out after games down the student/trendy end of the City and always poses for photos and never seems to be drinking so seems like a professional lad from what I have heard, I can't see him leaving to be honest. Man Utd were linked with him a few times and even when asked about that he seemed flattered but mentioned he wanted to stay at Sheff Utd.

I imagine the lack of immediate first team opportunities could've put him off a big club move, he may as well stay put playing regularly and developing than going too high and messing around with loans possibly to the same level he came from. Surely a Championship club would offer him better chance to keep playing regularly whilst still offering a step up. Might be even more appealing at somewhere like Wolves who you'd like to think have the resources to push for promotion and potentially one of last years first choice centre halves leaving and opening the door for him.

I'd expect KJ to table a bid. I read somewhere on the 'net that he wanted to come to Wolves.

I dont think Wolves at this time would look to pay the kind of wages McGuire would be seeking should he move this summer.

It's Maguire btw, not McGuire.

Blades wont get £4m for him, that much I'm sure about. I'd like us to sign him though, I was really impressed by him at Bramall Lane. He was solid at the both but his distribution was good as well and he tested Ikeme with a few long range shots. Definitle more than just a stopper centre back. I'd go as high as £2.5m for him but I don't think we'll spend that much on a single player in this window.

Back