• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Looks like Margreitter might be in the reckoning next season. Stale has said after having talks with Wolves it doesn't look like he'll be coming back.

He seemed quite well liked amongst the players - so him coming back and being involved in training I'm sure won't be a problem. and if Kenny thinks he is worth a chance I'm sure he will be given it. That's unlikely though considering he wasn't really fussed about using him in League 1.

If he does come back, I hope the E&S get a better/another picture of him.

I think there's more to it than that. I hope Ståle gives us the coordinates to his body one day.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Georgios Samaras is out of contract this summer. Heard from a friend up here who says he's in talks with Championship clubs. Would anyone be interested in us signing Sammy? Absolutely unplayable on his day...

Yeah same here. :icon_lol:

I've seen him tear up teams on his own when he's on form but mostly he's just a disaster. Like I said, unplayable on his day but unfortunately that day is 1 in every 5...

He's one of those players where there is no in between, he's never ok or quite good. He's either the best player on the pitch or looks like a pub footballer.

Presumably as a freebie will be after insane money relative to his ability. Would be surprised if Champ clubs had the papes to get him. He'll end up somewhere in Europe at a club swayed by a YouTube compilation I reckon.

I mean we've just read about Doyle not being bothered with L1 football, lump Samaras in that bracket, he's been involved in Champions League games against Barcelona etc etc for the past few seasons. Can you see him getting up for us away at Bournemouth.

Samaras turns up and gives the exact same effort vs St. Mirren that he does vs Barca (not a lot). He's incredibly gormless and most of the time looks like he's never played football before in his life. He has the odd game or run of form where he's absolutely untouchable though. Kind of a poor mans Adebayor.

Yeah, Samaras is a bloody funny one :icon_lol:

Was it the last Euros he was really good against a decent side for Greece? There really is no inbetween with him!

Yeah, he was class at the Euros for Greece! I told a Tim friend of mine how good he was and he didn't believe me.

Yeah I thought I remembered him having a good tournament :icon_lol:

It might have been the 2010 World Cup actually. He was really good against Argentina but they lost 1-0.

Samaras and QPR would be a match made in heaven. Ticks all the boxes of an 'Arry signing.

Back