• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Looks like Margreitter might be in the reckoning next season. Stale has said after having talks with Wolves it doesn't look like he'll be coming back.

Looks like Margreitter might be in the reckoning next season. Stale has said after having talks with Wolves it doesn't look like he'll be coming back.

Or is that just because Copenhagen can't afford him?

I suppose if they think Stearman is off it makes to sense to keep hold of Margreitter for a bit until a replacement can be found.

Pretty ambivalent as to whether he comes back or is got rid of.

Can't say that we saw what he was capable of when he was here, but also doesn't appear to have been a star for Copenhagen on loan either.

I suppose if they think Stearman is off it makes to sense to keep hold of Margreitter for a bit until a replacement can be found.

Can't see the point in doing that though. It seemed he was binned as he wasn't suited to English football (cheers Stale) so can't see how a spell away from it will suddenly make him ok

Can't see the point in doing that though. It seemed he was binned as he wasn't suited to English football (cheers Stale) so can't see how a spell away from it will suddenly make him ok

Wasn't that Saunders' opinion of him rather than Jackett's?

Can't really recall much said about him by Kenny to be honest, just seemed to be one of the many that got swept out by the big brush used to clear the way for his new boys. I suppose last summer he'd have been content with Batth, Ricketts and Stearman as his options for centre half, Elokobi and Ebanks-Landell for cover if needs be, now Elokobi is gone, Ebanks-Landell seems to have been pushed to right back, Ricketts too has gone back out wide and Stearman is potentially off, not quite got the weight of numbers in that position anymore with only Hause bought in and who knows how ready he is for Championship football.

I don't think it's particularly likely that Margreitter will spend the season with Wolves and i certainly wouldn't expect him to get many games even if he does stick around but i do think he'll be kept as a safety net until someone else is bought in there, especially if Stearman goes.

It was certainly Saunders call on him and my mind may be confused but I'm sure I heard that KJ shared that opinion after giving him time in pre season

Id imagine we'd have been keeping an eye on him this season - maybe our scouting team are advising kj to have another look at him.

KJ said that Margreitter wasn't in the team for purely footballing reasons. He made the bench once or twice at the start of the season.

10365753_642028135878994_7954549671644295066_n.jpg

No idea whether it's a reliable account. I purely lifted it off Facebook.

Clayton and McDonald together in centre mid would be ace. I really hope this happens but he's got a year left on his contract at Huddersfield so it could be agent talk.

Pretty sure Huddersfield paid £1m for his signature as well, so he'd come with a hefty fee. Also remember the reason he left Leeds was because he wanted more than they were willing to pay? Who knows how much truth is in all that though. He was voted Huddersfield player of the season a couple of weeks back.

Last edited:
IIRC that was more to do with Leeds being skint and not offering him enough rather than Clayton being a dick about it.

article-0-1D5F899C00000578-50_634x478.jpg

He'd fit right in with that beard growing ability.

To be fair to him that was for a local charity and he's shaved it off now. Raised about £300k IIRC.

Well there we go. He can crowd-fund his wages here.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Back