• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

He said three years, but he wants top five. To achieve that he needs to be spending that amount per year

Albrighton to Leicester is what I have read although I would imagine he would have other Premier League suitors. I can't understand why Lambert would want to rid himself of a player who is local, a fans favourite and who he used regulary in the second half of last season. Its almost as though he wants to become more unpopular with his own supporters.

If Sako is on Leicester's radar then so be it but I would suspect that they would be looking at players who are higher profile with the experience that they will require.

Albrighton to Leicester is what I have read although I would imagine he would have other Premier League suitors. I can't understand why Lambert would want to rid himself of a player who is local, a fans favourite and who he used regulary in the second half of last season. Its almost as though he wants to become more unpopular with his own supporters.

If Sako is on Leicester's radar then so be it but I would suspect that they would be looking at players who are higher profile with the experience that they will require.

It could be a directive from Lerner to clear the books of players who failed to make an impact last season.

Maybe Lambert knows he is a gonna once the new owner is found, so is getting revenge by releasing players to make them a bit shitter

Maybe Lambert knows he is a gonna once the new owner is found, so is getting revenge by releasing players to make them a bit shitter

Insider dealing, sell/release players off cheap, get a brown paper bag in return.

It really is a shambolic situation at the Vile.

Failing manager who the fans want to get rid of. A chairman who probably thinks the same but is fed up with paying managers off so is keeping him whilst he tries to find a new buyer for the club. No money for new signings for a squad in desperate need of a lift. It would appear that their strategy for next season is hoping that like this season, there are three clubs worse than they are whilst the chairman tries to keep them in the division without spending much money in the hope that when he does sell that his losses are kept to a minimum.

I'd take Jack Grealish, Gary Gardner and maybe the full back from them (is it Lowton?) who was dropped for most of last season.

Copenhagen is still in dialogue with Georg Margreitter. It seems there is mutual interest, but the problem to be solved is wage. GM's agents says he is willing to take a wage-drop, but apparently not within FCK's budget.

I am guessing GM is on a 15k a week contract, brought for 500k. FCK's captain was on a 30K a month contract and tbf, GM will have to accept a 1/3 or even 1/4 of what he is earning at Wolves to seal the deal.

http://tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/fck-stadig-i-dialog-med-margreitter

Would you guys rather Albrighton went to Leicester thus removing Sako from their plans, or for us to land Albrighton and lose Sako?

The talk is that Leicester are going to be offering Albrighton £35k a week, that'd be too much for a player with more potential than actual tangible progress on his CV if we were in the Premier League.

Unsurprisingly it looks like clubs and agents alike are going to take Leicester for a ride because their owners can't keep their mouths shut.

Copenhagen is still in dialogue with Georg Margreitter. It seems there is mutual interest, but the problem to be solved is wage. GM's agents says he is willing to take a wage-drop, but apparently not within FCK's budget.

I am guessing GM is on a 15k a week contract, brought for 500k. FCK's captain was on a 30K a month contract and tbf, GM will have to accept a 1/3 or even 1/4 of what he is earning at Wolves to seal the deal.

http://tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/fck-stadig-i-dialog-med-margreitter

If he earnt a 1/4 of that in Copenhagen he wouldn't have enough money for a loaf of bread would he?

If he earnt a 1/4 of that in Copenhagen he wouldn't have enough money for a loaf of bread would he?

15K a month buys you plenty bread if you know where to look! :)

We're interested in Tommy Rowe according to Pete O'Rourke at SSN on Twitter.

Seems strange to want a player that Peterborough are letting go for free, unless it was because of wages and or him refusing to sign a contract?

Seems strange to want a player that Peterborough are letting go for free, unless it was because of wages and or him refusing to sign a contract?

Wants to play at a higher level and ran his contract down so I believe

Decent back up left back/left winger on a free. Wouldn't say no.

I'd rather have eusenio or zeli as back up left winger. We are very short at left back though, be difficult to get anyone decent as they would just have to accept they are cover for Lewis

He wants to be closer to his family in the North apparently. If he moves to Wolves I hope his signing on fee includes a new compass.

I'd rather have eusenio or zeli as back up left winger. We are very short at left back though, be difficult to get anyone decent as they would just have to accept they are cover for Lewis
Are either left footed? Thought Zeli at least was mainly right footed.

Back