• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

vlpcrop_2643363.jpg

Is that the best picture they could get of him ?

What is that guy doing to him ?

Awesome name at the very least.

sc Heerenveen are a good side and finished 5th in the Eredivisie this year and he seems to have been a regular for them.

I can't see Cassidy being offered a new deal. The deadline for the retained list is this Saturday (I think). We'll find out soon enough.

We have a year's option in the club's favour, I see no point in exercising it. He isn't good enough to play for us and the kind of clubs who might want to sign him won't offer us any money.

Then surely he would have been released with everyone else? Jackett also gives him a "shout out" in an interview on the Wolves website about Striking Options.

Could be any number of things at work, his agent could be insisting that he's earned a new deal based on X that's he's 'achieved' or what has been promised previously, maybe before Jackett even arrived. It isn't uncommon for players to not be formally released even though their contracts are up. See Ince, Paul, 2003-2006.

Unfortunately for the likes of Cassidy we need to focus our limited resources on players who will make a tangible contribution to our planned promotion campaign. As DW said, he has a one year option but there's no point in activating it. The best thing we can do for Jake is to allow him to find a new club on a permanent basis. It worked for Sam Winnall and I don't see why it couldn't work for him. KJ brought him into the team under trying circumstances as we all know, but he's had enough opportunities to deliver in a gold shirt and not taken any of them. If he can rediscover what made him tick for Tranmere during his first spell I think he'll build a decent career in the lower leagues; for me he doesn't have what it takes to make it where we want to be.

That's a massive shame about James Husband- really wanted him! He'll be playing for England soon!

Heard earlier we are interested in Adam Clayton from Huddersfield. Their player of the season, only one year left on his deal. Probably would take a seven figure bid.

If that's the ex Leeds guy, he's the sort of the midfielder we could do with, although can we wild with some of his challenges

Back