• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

See, I would think a level-headed young guy wouldn't hold out for a big money transfer. He'd have a steeper learning curve if he went from L1 to Prem and it would stagger his career.
I think if he's already considered one of the best in L1, he has to make the leap up to Championship and try to do the same here. Then, he'll have earned a big transfer or the glory that comes with a club with the potential of making the next leap with him.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Clough and the others in charge at Sheff Utd will try to persuade the youngsters they have that the club is close to promotion and if they all stay together along with a couple of new signings, then they will be in the Championship next year. IMO, it depends how quickly he wants to progress.

Well, considering one of their better players (Coady) is not contracted with them and should be expected to go on loan to a Championship side this go-around, I'd say they'll only regress.

By the way, why the heck are they all getting so defensive about him? Guess and Stir is thick for calling whatever we're doing a "double swoop" and you'd think they've actually forgotten down in Sheff that he's a loan player.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

According to what the blades are telling me, they offered him a new contract but he wanted to go on holiday first, as far as they are concerned he is still on holiday and won't be back for another week or so. So I doubt he has progressed any talks with anyone.

or......

Harry Maguire

@HarryMaguire19Pleased to announce I will be rejecting a contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers and shall stay at my home grown club Sheffield United.

Never mind. Sounds like the lad has his head screwed on.

or......

Harry Maguire

@HarryMaguire19Pleased to announce I will be rejecting a contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers and shall stay at my home grown club Sheffield United.
Is that genuine? His tweets are private.

Account wasn't private when the E&S first retweeted it, less than 900 followers for one of the favourite players at a well supported club doesn't sound much.

Account wasn't private when the E&S first retweeted it, less than 900 followers for one of the favourite players at a well supported club doesn't sound much.

The official Sheffield United Twitter doesn't follow it either. Nor none of the players.

Definitely - how do you know that's what they want mate?

Jonathan Parr and Dean Moxey being released by Palace, competition/cover for left back spot possibly

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

It could quite possibly make a % of our fans explode as they try and get their heads around cheering on Moxey

Good...Lets sign him up :devilsmile:

I like Parr. Not sure he'd go from starting in the Premier League to back up/not guaranteed a place in the Championship though.

Back