• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Apparently Blades have put a 950k bid in for Coady according to what I read on the cover of something in the shop (presume it was the star)

Maybe he backs himself to win a place.

Don't see why not. Wouldn't surprise me if Stearman was off: Maguire may cost £1m but I'd bet he'd cost half the wages that we're currently paying Stearman with the prospect of being a better player. Risky business with two relatively inexperienced centre-halves at Championship level mind.

Edit: Confirmed interest apparently, although there are no quotes in the article. Says at the bottom we're signing Tommy Rowe too although, again, no quotes.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ews/wolves-want-harry-maguire-confirm-7172372

I imagine Maguire would cost considerably more than £1m, unless there's some release clause in his contract or little time left on it, even double that figure might not be out of the question.

Yeah one year left on his contract

I imagine Maguire would cost considerably more than £1m, unless there's some release clause in his contract or little time left on it, even double that figure might not be out of the question.

Depends if he signs a new contract. With only a year left Sheffield United may think they either get £1m for him now or he leaves for a tribunal fee next season. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a transfer that drags on with other clubs getting involved however.

Yeah I agree, he's too good for just us to be after him for as cheap as £1 million. Particularly if you're right he has one year left, I'd imagine clubs queuing up for the lad

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

And Sky Sources: Walsall's Andy Butler set to sign for Sheffield United.

Paving the way for Maguire

Yeah I agree, he's too good for just us to be after him for as cheap as £1 million. Particularly if you're right he has one year left, I'd imagine clubs queuing up for the lad

Not to mention his agent will be spouting Maguire's name about if it's true that he doesn't want to sign a new deal.

I think if he goes it'll be more like £2m and he'll have host of clubs to choose from. Hopefully he'll pick us

I wouldn't bother at that price. I don't see us spending more than £5m net and I'd rather not bung nearly half of it on someone who to my eyes is as limited as the guy we already own and has never played above L1. Look at the prices we paid for McDonald, Dicko, Jacobs etc - value players are out there.

I think Maguire will stay at Sheffield, learn his trade for another season or two before looking for the big money transfer should he realise his potential. Seems a level headed lad according to reports.

See, I would think a level-headed young guy wouldn't hold out for a big money transfer. He'd have a steeper learning curve if he went from L1 to Prem and it would stagger his career.
I think if he's already considered one of the best in L1, he has to make the leap up to Championship and try to do the same here. Then, he'll have earned a big transfer or the glory that comes with a club with the potential of making the next leap with him.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

See, I would think a level-headed young guy wouldn't hold out for a big money transfer. He'd have a steeper learning curve if he went from L1 to Prem and it would stagger his career.
I think if he's already considered one of the best in L1, he has to make the leap up to Championship and try to do the same here. Then, he'll have earned a big transfer or the glory that comes with a club with the potential of making the next leap with him.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

+1

Need another official transfers/news thread like the one I made last year. Won't make it this year as I'll leave it to someone more active on the forum.

Really? I thought it was incredibly redundant last year.

much appreciated by myself and several others mentioned liking it

but I can understand how 1 thread containing all official news would be clogging up the forum

I didn't look at it once to be honest.

If there is news everyone knows. We don't need a thread at the top repeating it. Bookmark the Wolves BBC page if you really only ever check on how we're doing once a week, I doubt that applies to many here.

if you visit the forum daily it's not really for you

but carry on

Back