• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Is Pennant availab... Dammit, I almost made it through that without laughing.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

I'm sure Stearman is going if the Maguire is coming here, and even if he isn't Maguire definitely will be the focal point of the defence in the future. His potential ability shows he'd be a much better centre half than Stearman IMO.
And I feel Batth's very highly rated by the Wolves hierachy, as shown in the end of season presentation, and with Stearman's contract situation it looks as if he's sadly going.

Plus we wouldn't spend £1m or so on a player for the bench.

Spent nearly that to put Clarke on the bench

Only because Davey E was injured

Didn't think Edwards was that involved before Clarkes signing? Didn't Clarke displace Henry and force Jacobs out wide, then Edwards came in to cover for Clarke's injury and his form meant he kept his place.

Edwards played v Preston and got crocked, which was a couple of games before Leon arrived.

My point is, just because a player cost some money doesn't mean he will automatically be played. If we did that Clarke would have played a hell of a lot more than he did.

He wasn't signed to intentionally be backup though was he? He got his chance in the first 11 straight away and remained there until injured, people seem to be suggested that Maguire would be signed primarily to sit on the bench and wait his chance behind Stearman and Batth.

I don't think Wolves woud have a chance of getting Maguire for £1m anyway to be honest.

He wouldn't be signed to sit on the bench but would have to earn his spot and one of Batth, Maguire & Stearman (if he stays) would be on the bench. Whatever his fee is, it will make no difference as whether he starts or not.

If you're paying that fee at this level then he's going to be bought in as first choice, not to say that fee will mean he starts every single game when available, if someone comes in well if he were injured or suspended, or if he loses form then i'd expect him to spend a while on the bench if others take their chance, as happened with Clarke, but I don't think they'd spend that sort of money and have him on the bench whilst Stearman and Batth automatically get a chance to carry on from last year.

not sure if there will be any truth in that and not seen a single second of him this season but a free on a one year contract he might be an okay signing if he is still up to the level, especially as a rotational player or one for if Jackett has a plan to alter the tactics slightly, or at least have the flexibility to do that if needed.

I wouldn't give that arrogant twat the steam off my piss. Too old, one paced shite we don't need and have moved on from.

Reports that we're in for Connor Coady as well as maguire - I'd be very happy if we got the two of them.

Certainly seems that we're trying to get our business done early which is nice although there haven't been anything but rumours thus far.

It'll be nice to have a pre season where the players don't have to meet a new manager and start learning a whole new style for the first time in a couple of years

According to Google, Coady is mainly a DM. Curtains for Davis?

I reckon its time for Davis now, it doesn't seem he's going to het a look in next season- especially that he didn't the season just gone. I reckon a mid-to-low Championship team will snap him up or a good League One team. Either way, he's a competent footballer who has ability

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Well, we are not set for a Double Swoop on Sheff Utd are we really. A swoop on a Sheff Utd player and then a Liverpool player

Back