• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

If he had signed for us I doubt he would have progressed as much as he has anyway

Apparently Sheff Utd are in advanced talks with Andy Butler from Walsall, so does that mean Morgan is close to joining us ?

I think so, would be a good experienced head and still decent. I'm with Nando and Dan, both Palace full backs and Dicagoi(sp) (I'd quite like to get Williams on loan if we could), Collison from West Ham, Briggs from Fulham, Hutchinson and Lalkovic from Chelsea, Meade from Swansea and Macheda from Utd. Plenty to go at there and I'm sure our scouts have one of two of them on their list.

Mark - Clyne didn't turn us down, Warnock persuaded him to stay. It's an important difference.

I'd definitely take Parr and if we could get Williams on loan that would be great. Briggs has looked half decent when i've seen him for Fulham and if Collison is over his problems then he would be a great signing. No chance with Lalkovic though, he's not good enough and how he was still at Chelsea at his age baffles me.

@OldGoldGlory: Rumours are rife in Sheffield that Harry Maguire has been sold to Wolves. Not sure how true this is at this stage. #wwfc

More than likely people seeing that Sheff Utd are after Butler from Walsall, putting 2+2 together and making 207, but thought it was worth posting.

Harry Maguire would be a superb signing. He really surprised me at Bramall Lane, a very solid defender but not just a clogger, very comfortable coming out of defence with the ball at his feet. If we can sign him and get Stears a new contract we'll have great competition for the 2 centre half positions.

Harry Maguire would be a superb signing. He really surprised me at Bramall Lane, a very solid defender but not just a clogger, very comfortable coming out of defence with the ball at his feet. If we can sign him and get Stears a new contract we'll have great competition for the 2 centre half positions.
Was he the one that took Sako out on the corner flag. If so I thought he clogged his way through the whole game at Bramall Lane. I certainly wasn't impressed.

I'd imagine if we have signed him, he's a replacement for Stears, not to compete with him unfortunately. If true about both Maguire and Rowe, you'd imagine those are the 2 that Jackett said we'd be looking to sign before pre-season.

Was he the one that took Sako out on the corner flag. If so I thought he clogged his way through the whole game at Bramall Lane. I certainly wasn't impressed.

I thought that was Brayford, the guy that was having a go at Golbourne all game. Maguire had 2 shots from range in the first half that tested Ikeme.

It was the black haired centre half that took out Sako. Im sure that was Maguire..

Must've been Maguire then, the other centre half was Neil Collins. Still thought he played well that day though.

Their new Arab investor isn't up to much if the height of his ambition is the mighty Andy Butler is he?

Hopefully we can tempt Maguire down to Wolves. He's only got one year left on his contract at S2 4SU.

Their new Arab investor isn't up to much if the height of his ambition is the mighty Andy Butler is he?

Hopefully we can tempt Maguire down to Wolves.

Their owner isn't there to splash the cash. He wants success based on being sensible (the madman)

McCabe was very on/off with his funding. They were paying Beattie ridiculous money, signed him in the Championship too so not a hangover from relegation.

If only that link up with the shite Chinese team had worked out...

What really did his plans for world domination over was the link up with Denes Rosa's old buddies Ferencvaros. He bought a controlling stake in them, wiped out their debts, paid for them to get the land to build a nice new ground outside of town, all with a keen eye on building on the land where the old crumbling one sits (as a visitor to Budapest you'll know that land is both scarce and massively valuable near the centre of the city)....only to be told "Sorry Kev, you can't build there". At which point he decided that a worldwide Blades empire wasn't the way forward after all and had taken his eye off the ball so much in Sheffield that he'd somehow allowed Micky Adams to become manager. With inevitable consequences.

Back