• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

How about Chuks Aneke, it said on that Premier League list he's being released and he looked alright for Crewe last season- only 20 years old. Scored a few from midfield as well (14)

I would've suggested Vellios, a couple years back but he's hardly had any football and I doubt he'd be up to scratch.

Also Macheda from United, not everyones cup of tea but he scores goals. I doubt he'd want to play second fiddle to Dicko, but he's a decent striker.

And David N'gog lol

Apparently we have made a bid of £1million for Harry Maguire - Sky sports

Yeah, something fairly concrete about the Maguire rumours- also fuels the speculation about Stearman leaving

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I think he's had it, was never much more than a pace merchant with a reasonable cross.

Yeah, something fairly concrete about the Maguire rumours- also fuels the speculation about Stearman leaving

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Not really as we need a third option to cover Center Back

Not really as we need a third option to cover Center Back

Why would Maguire leave Sheff Utd where he's starting every week, to join us as cover? We have Ricketts and EEL as cover for centre half, so if we're after Maguire, I'd bet that Stears is off unfortunately.

Tricky business this making new signings when we already have the basis of a good squad. How do you get decent players to come in when they're likely to be on the bench for a while until injuries oe loss of form kick in?

Why would Maguire leave Sheff Utd where he's starting every week, to join us as cover? We have Ricketts and EEL as cover for centre half, so if we're after Maguire, I'd bet that Stears is off unfortunately.

Because were playing a division higher than Sheffield Utd.

Maybe he's ambitious and realised we are a bigger club with better long term prospects?

Still doesn't make sense, we'd be playing in a higher division, he wouldn't be, so makes no sense to leave IMO.

1. Footballers almost always want to play at the highest possible level
2. We'd pay more money
3. He'd start ahead of Stearman even if Stearman stayed

Which is all fair and good but he still wouldn't be playing, he'd be reliant on injuries and suspensions (all this is if Stears stays, if not then he does start for me, providing we actually sign him!), so for his career he's actually better off staying there and playing week after week.

1. Footballers almost always want to play at the highest possible level
2. We'd pay more money
3. He'd start ahead of Stearman even if Stearman stayed

As I said, he wouldn't be playing as regularly as he'd like/need for his career.
Money isn't everything.
No he wouldn't. Him and Batth formed a great partnership together in the centre, why on earth would Jackett break that up? Makes even less sense.

Perhaps he backs himself to play?

Maybe he backs himself to win a place.

Which I commend, but if he can't, then it's just been a waste of time for him, he'd have been better off at Sheff Utd/moving somewhere he'd be a starter.

Isn't the quickest way to get better bringing a better player in and make one of ours backup/rotation/squad player?

I don't see the point in buying backup players/rotation players,that's what Liverpool did for years...just adding bodies not quality,now they're buying first teamers and existing players become squad players...

Back