• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

At tonights 'fans evening with Jackett', he said Sakos contract will be discussed at the end of the season, and hinted that we are looking to bring in another forward

At tonights 'fans evening with Jackett', he said Sakos contract will be discussed at the end of the season, and hinted that we are looking to bring in another forward

Timely- Sako was good in the ACON last night and got great reviews- damn! Wont get a fortune for him but I would put money someone from the prem comes in during the window. Guessing on Villa

We have no intention of selling during the window. Would rather take the risk on Sako walking for free if we don't go up.

Why do people keep thinking we'll sell Sako just to get something back before he goes? It makes no sense to sell one of your best players when they can help win promotion, and the far, far more massive windfall that would follow that.

People have been obsessed with Sako leaving for about two years. I don't think even Lescott or Keane had so much baseless continual worrying about them upping sticks.

People have been obsessed with Sako leaving for about two years. I don't think even Lescott or Keane had so much baseless continual worrying about them upping sticks.

t'internet innit

Why do people keep thinking we'll sell Sako just to get something back before he goes? It makes no sense to sell one of your best players when they can help win promotion, and the far, far more massive windfall that would follow that.

its the timing. ACON puts him right in the shop window in the window if that makes sense and teams like villa need what he brings. Football is different these days with the window and Sako wants to be in the premier league. I would hope with us but given all the other circs I would not be surprised at all if a bid came in . Its not about us its about his desire to stay and other teams desire to prise him away. If he wanted to stay so badly why has he not already extended his contract? As he hasnt he must have half an eye on 1. Our form and 2. Teams coming in for him. As I say I dont think its a baseless guess

And if a bid comes in we would just say no. There isn't an amount of money that anyone would realistically pay for a player out of contract in five months for us to think that it was worth it. Especially if Mali end up winning their next game in the tournament and he'll therefore be away well into February.

Villa are baulking at paying £2.5m for Scott Sinclair at the moment, they are not going to be coming in with an acceptable offer.

Its not about us

It's all about us, nobody else. He is contracted to us and unless somebody offers a ridiculous amount of money in relation to how long he has left on his contract then he won't be going anywhere before the end of the season.

Wolves selling Sako before we've even sold him is just another stick to beat 'Moxley' with. Some fans delight in veiwing Jez as some kind of money grabbing lech who is determinded to bleed the club dry. Keeping Sako doesn't fit with that view.

Wolves selling Sako before we've even sold him is just another stick to beat 'Moxley' with. Some fans delight in veiwing Jez as some kind of money grabbing lech who is determinded to bleed the club dry. Keeping Sako doesn't fit with that view.

Kenny Miller also doesn't fit in with that view.

We could have taken £1.6m for him from Sunderland at the start of his final season but we put a price tag on his head and gambled that we could go up rather than cash in(shame Hoddle was the trump card in that gamble)

It is one thing selling or letting go Sako it is quite another replacing him so we might as well make him a good offer and keep him. He is settled here with his mate Dicko so why upset the apple-cart ?

There are some teenage Championship Manager types who think it is 'easy' to buy a Joey Beauchamp or whatever that Oxford kid everybody raved about was called years ago. The new joey beauchamp is probably Grealish or something.

It is one thing selling or letting go Sako it is quite another replacing him so we might as well make him a good offer and keep him. He is settled here with his mate Dicko so why upset the apple-cart ?

Because he wants to play in the Prem. He isn't going to sign a deal with us and stick with the Championship for another season. He has fulfilled his contract with us and will only sign a new deal if we go up. Settled or not, friends with Dicko or not he wants to play in the top flight of English football.

Sako is going to want to keep his options open until the summer because he wants to play Premier League football next season. His contract runs until 30 June. At the very latest, we will know the division we are in next season by the end of May.

If we go up we will, I would imagine put a contract in front of him, the terms of which have probably already been discussed. If we don't we let Sako go on a free with our best wishes. As there would be no transfer fee, he would be in a position to negotiate himself a better wage deal, so it makes sense for him to wait until the summer as well.

I'm sure we'll make him a very decent offer (helped by having Doyle and Johnson off the wage bill come the summer, about £70k a week freed up). However if he receives an offer from the Premier League and we're still stuck in this division then the strong likelihood is he will go. If that happens then that's just life, can't blame the player who has given us everything over three years and joined us with the expectation that we were going to be challenging to go straight up, and the club can't magically move up a division to appease his wish to play at that level.

Whatever happens with Wolves this season Sako will be playing Premier League football next season IMO. He'll leave on a free if we don't go up and he'll go with my best wishes. Thoroughly deserves his shot.

Back