• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Yeah I appreciate that (despite the shocking hair) however even when other Wolves players, ex players, players from other leagues follow him he pretty much says the same thing

"thanks for the follow, have you also followed @genericsportswear"

regardless of who it is, everything is about the sales and that company, hard to imagine there is a professional anything on the end of that account other than a salesman, the other day I saw him plugging the lad my club used to get our stuff from at Avecsport, and Golborne's account is incredibly similar to Avec's in content, posts and what not, so wouldn't be surprised if it is being run by the same person etc.

I don't do social media, but is it possible to have an automated thank-you response when someone follows you? That at least would account for the similarity.

How dare he have business interests outside of playing football!

You have misunderstood me, not got an issue with it, more that I don't think it is him. Would be hard to run it to that scale and have a full time job, even injured.

I don't do social media, but is it possible to have an automated thank-you response when someone follows you? That at least would account for the similarity.

Not sure on this, the lad that sponsors my side though has what he referred to me as "drone" tweeter in charge of his companies social accounts, his office is in Sheffield as he runs a betting info site, however he pays some random guys in some Asian country I had never heard off to make his twitter account a near 24hr presence, they apparently handle loads of companies apparently and are just constantly tweeting, make gags, posting football news, finding potential customers etc. If you read the twitter account you would never think it was all written by one English lad somewhere.

You have misunderstood me, not got an issue with it, more that I don't think it is him. Would be hard to run it to that scale and have a full time job, even injured.

From what I understand twitter's verification process is pretty airtight, but I guess anything is possible.

From what I understand twitter's verification process is pretty airtight, but I guess anything is possible.

Could easily have started out as his personal account, hence the verification, but then as his business has taken off his gotten someone else to take over the running of the account to handle the traffic, easier than creating a new account and redirecting all your customers over there plus he gets to keep trading off his name.

Steve Cotterill has confirmed Bristol's interest in taking Saville.

I suppose it might leave us a bit short in midfield with just Price McDonald and Evans left but Edwards can do a job there if required I guess

I suppose it might leave us a bit short in midfield with just Price McDonald and Evans left but Edwards can do a job there if required I guess

Saville hasn't made any impact since signing and to be honest I'm not sure what kind of midfielder he's supposed to be. In my opinion we should buy out Pritchard's loan at Brentford, he's proven far more successful at this level. Unfortunately I think we've spunked all of our money in one go on Afobe.

Which is 3 months away.

With McAlinden going to Fleetwood for the rest of the season and Saville looking set to go we need a midfield and a forward player I still think.

Which is 3 months away.

With McAlinden going to Fleetwood for the rest of the season and Saville looking set to go we need a midfield and a forward player I still think.

Depends on Clarke. If we are going to play 4-2-3-1 then three forwards are enough.

Yeah, by forward player I meant someone who can play across the front three and behind the striker (Lingard is someone who can play in all of those positions). We are weak in wide areas at the moment and we need someone to provide competition in the 10 position if Jacobs isn't going to be used there and it sounded like Evans struggled on Tuesday.

My guess is the following will happen:

Fryers and Lingard on loan and Pringle in a swap deal involving Golbourne.

I will be furious if we let Golbourne go!

Fryers and Pringle coming in and him leaving still wouldn't feel worth it

Jake Cassidy has joined Southend. I hope this is with a view to a permanent deal; he isn't good enough for where we want to be.

He is out of contract after the loan ends so I think that is it for him.

With McAlinden also going out on loan this morning, it looks like some squad places are being opened up. Hopefully that means some more impending incoming business to strengthen the first team.

Back