• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

It's been one day since we confirmed we had a bid accepted for fuck's sake.

Not good enough. He should be holding a shirt with his name on the wrong side before we confirm the bid and his medical has been sorted.

£2 million seems a lot to me, if his wiki is up to date he has 32 goals in 103 games and only 4 of them at this level, not an utterly dreadful record, but Bolton and Wednesday fans both described him as appalling to me, although one of my Owl mates said you could see he was almost a decent player in flashes last season.

The saving grace is I told my miller colleague that Dicko was dreadful, based on the fleeting performances I saw of him for us under nameless manager, couldn't believe it was the same lad away at Rotherham last year!

Well I'm watching Hamilton vs Dundee United and I don't think much of Ciftci and Mackay-Steven....

£2 million seems a lot to me, if his wiki is up to date he has 32 goals in 103 games and only 4 of them at this level, not an utterly dreadful record, but Bolton and Wednesday fans both described him as appalling to me, although one of my Owl mates said you could see he was almost a decent player in flashes last season.

The saving grace is I told my miller colleague that Dicko was dreadful, based on the fleeting performances I saw of him for us under nameless manager, couldn't believe it was the same lad away at Rotherham last year!

No way all of that £2m will be up front. I would be surprised if more than about £750k is up front.

Makes me laugh at all the fans of said players ex teams saying the players crap. The kid is still developing and under Jackett he'll get better and better. Look at the development happening at Wolves at the moment, all the youth coming through and on the fringes, this hasn't ever happened at Wolves in such waves before. And all the fans who want instant success if people are patient you'll see Wolves doing really well in a few years. Life is good at Wolves for the young players and Benik will love it here and improve greatly.

He's out of contact at the end of the season isn't he? I'd imagine we'll pay whatever tribunals have ruled in the past?

You cannot judge players when they are young and developing though. For example we had Leon Clarke as a kid at Championship level and he was out of his depth. He went away to develop his game, came back and now is.......

He's out of contact at the end of the season isn't he? I'd imagine we'll pay whatever tribunals have ruled in the past?

It will be compo to Arsenal for whatever they have invested in bringing him through their youth ranks. Certainly won't be £2m surely. That would be more than Spurs had to pay Crystal Palace for John Bostock who was basically the south London pele at the time the tribunal sat.

You cannot judge players when they are young and developing though. For example we had Leon Clarke as a kid at Championship level and he was out of his depth. He went away to develop his game, came back and now is.......

:icon_lol:

Although away from being facetious, Darron Gibson looked like a League Two player down here. Him and Olofinjana in a midfield two is one of the worst things I have ever seen.

If we were taking him off Palace we'd be paying them peanuts. Different story with Le Arse.

Well I'm watching Hamilton vs Dundee United and I don't think much of Ciftci and Mackay-Steven....

Mackay-Steven scores within 22 seconds of the restart in the second half....

:icon_lol:

Although away from being facetious, Darron Gibson looked like a League Two player down here. Him and Olofinjana in a midfield two is one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Worse than Henry/Quashie in Jan 2009?

I never saw Nige, sadly. All his appearances were in away games and I missed them all. Must have been some sight.

I have doubtless seen Steve Corica and Darren Ferguson in a midfield two so when I put Gibbo and Seyi in that bracket it is srs bsnss.

Pretty sure I saw a midfield two of mark rankine and Darren Ferguson once.

I reserve my ire for Shabba purely on that Player of the Year award and how irrational it was. He was a useless trier. And an awful right back.

Corica and Lipstick Darren on the other hand...

We'd only have to pay tribunal money if he's been offered a new contract by them as far as I recall.

None of that comes into play until his contract expires when it's English club -> English club. We are signing him now so we have to pay whatever Arsenal want, which we are happy to do. Won't be £2m though.

Back