• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Pretty sure Saville started with Dicko and Sako against Blackpool away and he was shockingly average. I think he's an average deep lying midfielder we shouldn't have wasted £1m on.

Sako definitely didn't start against Blackpool. Played in midfield with McDonald and Edwards in front.

A bit of a strange example seeing as he's featured in less than half of their league games!

My biggest critique of us so far is the lack of goals from midfield positions. Bournemouth have five midfielders with five or more so far which is superb. It's concerning that VLP hasn't netted once yet when he's playing as one of our three most advanced players, although I acknowledge he should have bagged a few in the past few weeks.

He's had a few ingury problems but has lifted Boro from just an average Championship side to looking like a top quality outfit. Up there with the best players in the division for me.

As good as Edwards was today, I think the game really highlighted our lack of a quality no.10. Price and McDonald were overrun I midfield, mainly because they had no out ball.

I wouldn't call them a top quality outfit. If they are, then we must be too given the slight difference in position and the fact we battered them.

They're massively benefiting from Karanka's relationship with Mourinho. Not a chance the likes of Kalas should be anywhere near this division. I'm much happier with us bringing through the likes of Iorfa, Hause, Price and Evans who will still be with us come the summer than relying on loanees. If they don't go up, Omeruo, Kalas, Bamford and Vossen will be gone.

Boro (H) was our best performance of the season so far IMO. I agree with your point about Iorfa/Hause etc but they looked a similar team to what we are now last season. Decent Champ side but lacking that extra bit of quality to unlock defences. Clayton, Bamford and Vossen have taken them to a new level and put them right in the mix for an auto spot.

The Times is reporting the Afobe fee to be close to £2m

Twitter reporting that Siggy has agreed a loan deal with FC Copenhagen with a buy out clause in it

A Man U season ticket holding friend said the talk around Old Trafford yesterday was that we are in talks about taking Januzai on loan.

Wasn't there talk on him going on loan to someone like Ajax previously but they couldn't afford his wages? Sounds an unlikely one to me.

Sounds unlikely to me, but he said there was a lot of talk about it yesterday.

Twitter reporting that Siggy has agreed a loan deal with FC Copenhagen with a buy out clause in it

How predictable!

A Man U season ticket holding friend said the talk around Old Trafford yesterday was that we are in talks about taking Januzai on loan.

:icon_lol: Could you imagine, it would be the signing of the century. He's been linked with Everton and other top clubs in europe. What a strange rumour!

Just typed him into google and you've got stories from within the last 48 hours of Juventus wanting him on loan, it's like trying to sign Platini all over again!

Then again I've just seen Villa want him so maybe we do have a chance... haha!

Would be a bit of a drop considering at one point last season he was one of the best performing players in the Premier League.

More chance of Morgan giving LvG a loan out of his own pocket, I'd have thought.

How predictable!

It was my first thought too and was 50/50 to believe it, but the journalists have gone on to claim the loan deal with a buy-out clause will be official today or in the next few days. The same story came up in january 2014, but a few things suggest it may happen now.

The journalists have also declined that Guess n' Stir is there English based press sources :)

Wolves are reported to be keen on signing young West Brom striker Adil Nabi on loan.

#feederclub #doingitonthecheap #moxeyout

It was my first thought too and was 50/50 to believe it, but the journalists have gone on to claim the loan deal with a buy-out clause will be official today or in the next few days. The same story came up in january 2014, but a few things suggest it may happen now.

The journalists have also declined that Guess n' Stir is there English based press sources :)

Good to see you back CopenhagenWolf. How are FCK getting on this season?

Wow! Wasn't expecting that, fair play to him for going abroad.

Back