• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Finally an official line out of Wolves.

@officialwolves Kenny Jackett confirms that Wolves have agreed fee for Arsenal striker Benik Afobe.
Undergoing medical

@officialwolves Kenny hoping that deal will be concluded early in the week

Good news on Afobe, the kind of player we should be looking at bringing in imo and good to get him in early in the window

Great news, hopefully we'll get a look at him against Blackpool next Saturday

Do we think Benik will immediately start over Nouha?

Do we think Benik will immediately start over Nouha?
No chance, but we will have something on the bench that you feel could change a game rather than subs for subs sake. If you look at today's bench, there wasn't a player on there that you would say would make a difference if we were chasing a goal

I could possibly see a 4-4-2 with Afobe and Dicko together once he settles in.

-----------------------------------Dicko

-----------------------------Afobe

--Sako----------------------------------------------------RVLP

----------------McDonald----------------Evans / Price

Looks tasty

McLinden needs to go back out on loan if we bring Afobe in, maybe he could go to MK Dons!

Scores some great goals, looks strong and is hungry for the ball. A bit cocky too. The penalty technique is great when they go in, embarrassing when they don't!

I could possibly see a 4-4-2 with Afobe and Dicko together once he settles in.

-----------------------------------Dicko

-----------------------------Afobe

--Sako----------------------------------------------------RVLP

----------------McDonald----------------Evans / Price

Looks tasty

Can Afobe play there? He seems more out-and-out to me.

MK Dons will definitely be short of a striker. Wouldn't mind us sending them a forward to help their issue, be it Clarke or McAlinden.

Just move him level with Dicko in that formation then. One thing I can say - if we get that lot on the pitch together we have pace to burn up front.

I don't think that team would work, Edwards is an important part of the team right now with his work rate and pressing and without that our midfield would be wide open. I'm not sure Afobe could do what Edwards does off the ball. McDonald and Price is not a dynamic enough 2 in the middle to play 4-4-2 either.

Thing is, we defend like we are playing 4-4-2 anyway really. Edwards is almost another centre forward alongside Dicko the way he pushes forward (whether that be good or bad) and we defend with two lines of four.

Personally I see Afobe as direct competition for Dicko, I'd like us to sign another attacking midfield and a winger too.

Thing is, we defend like we are playing 4-4-2 anyway really. Edwards is almost another centre forward alongside Dicko the way he pushes forward (whether that be good or bad) and we defend with two lines of four.

Personally I see Afobe as direct competition for Dicko, I'd like us to sign another attacking midfield and a winger too.
Edwards comes a lot deeper when we don't have the ball than a forward or conventional number 10 would.

Edwards being a midfielder though is aware of his defensive responsibilities so whether that be closing down and pressing high or dropping in to make it a 3 he does it quite well. I don't think Afobe could do that from what i've seen and i wouldn't expect him to and i see him as our second choice striker now.

I don't think that team would work, Edwards is an important part of the team right now with his work rate and pressing and without that our midfield would be wide open. I'm not sure Afobe could do what Edwards does off the ball. McDonald and Price is not a dynamic enough 2 in the middle to play 4-4-2 either.

Absolutely right Slink. Edwards is crucial. The tracking back and general work-rate is phenomenal. However, Afobe looks like he might have that special something from the snippets I have seen. We are going to win 5-4.

Back