• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Probably us, quite powerful but not a bad footballers and he comes to us having been on a very good scoring run this season.

Its been confirmed hes had his medical today. Ours take 2 days. Could be revealed on Monday? assuming its us...

Confirmed he's had a medical where? Saw rumours of Huddersfield so it could be them

If that's the case all well and good. would always rather have a player on the way up, than a player like Danny Graham who's probably on the way down

Their local radio station confirmed it, didn't say which club.

Either way the deal is there to be hijacked now its out in the open lol

Edit: Rumour is he was seen at huddersfield game today

I'm in the same city livery company as MK Dons' main sponsor, I sent him a text earlier asking if he knew anything on Afobe and he's just replied saying he was told he has signed for us on a permanent deal, no other info.

Looking on youtube, he certainly looks a good finisher but hard to tell if he can play a Dicko like role or is a different style of striker

He was very impressive against United but I've not seen anything else of him.

Looking on youtube, he certainly looks a good finisher but hard to tell if he can play a Dicko like role or is a different style of striker

I think he's a lead the line type striker. Big, strong and a decent touch. Never seemed a natural scorer to me but hopefully that's changed. Would be a good signing but if he's off to Huddersfield I'd get Wells instead!

Martin White @footballcoachMK · 13 mins 13 minutes ago

Just been told by a mate who works at MK Dons that Benik Afobe is undergoing a medical @OfficialWolves. Hope this is true, good player!

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Rumour is he was seen at huddersfield game today
You'd think if that was the case there's be at least one person who'd taken a photograph.

Do they have camera phone technology in Huddersfield yet?

Pete O'Rourke says we are in talks with him

Would be delighted with Afobe. Pacey, good touch, right age, knows where the goal is, right price (probably)... would rather someone like him then the likes of Graham or Sagbo. Promising.

Would be delighted with Afobe. Pacey, good touch, right age, knows where the goal is, right price (probably)... would rather someone like him then the likes of Graham or Sagbo. Promising.

Only seen him against Man Utd in the LC where he impressed me.Looked very much like a Dicko type.

Can't see it being more than 500k with his contract running out

He won't become a transfer even after his contract is out though because of his age, so any fee paid now is going to have to cover what compensation they'd get in the summer plus a little more to get him early.

Back