• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

McGugan is a YouTube wastrel. No thanks.

Blair Anderson - Doing it on the cheap, ay it.

I presume this be him

Basford United winger Blair Anderson is attracting Premier League interest.

The Daily Mail says Leicester and Wolverhampton Wanderers are keeping a check on Basford United winger Anderson.

The Midland FL Premier Division club are managed by former Stoke City striker Martin Carruthers and Anderson has ex-Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie playing alongside him.

Scouts from League One clubs have also been following his progress this season and believe Anderson can make the step up into league football."

Millwall agreed a £175k fee for Pringle, but it fell through. We should be wrapping this up in the next couple of days at that fee. Whether we're in for him or not though.

Pringle would be a good signing. Pretty sure he's out of contract in the summer.

He's a good player, too similar to what we already have though. Who would he replace, Price? Not sure there's much point.

Whilst on the subject of potential signings that have been mentioned on here and in other places I saw three of them play last Saturday.

Mark Albrighton - Not done a thing all season according to my next door neighbour but in five minutes after coming on as a sub he changed the game winning a string of corners one of which led to the winning goal. He then drifted out of the rest of the game. I'd sooner have Henry or VLP down the right for us.

Knockaert - Tidy all game without being the threat that he normally is when he plays against us. His high fives and hugging the manager at full time doesn't suggest to me he will be off anywhere soon.

Chris Wood - Looked a little rusty when he came on, missed an absolute sitter with a free header at the far post although you have to credit the goalkeeper for a good save but he shouldn't have got anywhere near it. I'd be looking elsewhere for an understudy to Dicko.

Daily Mail saying we are in talks to sign Benik Afobe on loan. Not sure we can get him unless we buy so probably nothing in this.

Linked to Gary Mackay-Steven again in The Times this morning.

I would like both of those very much. Mackay-Steven for 200k would be a snip!

Pringle could play the ten role for us, and offer us wide options. at 175k would be very good value too.

butbutbut, why haven't we signed Defoe yet?

Doin' it on the cheap again

Moxley out

Morgan out

Jackett out

Daily Mail saying we are in talks to sign Benik Afobe on loan. Not sure we can get him unless we buy so probably nothing in this.

I think he's out of contract at the end of the season so would be a good move for him.

Linked to Gary Mackay-Steven again in The Times this morning.

Is he any good or another average Scottish player like Stevie may?

McGugan is a YouTube wastrel. No thanks.

IF and it is a big IF you play McGugan in the #10 role and get him motivated he is probably one of the best in the division. As you say though he really doesn't do it often enough.

Would love to have Ben Pringle here. He's impressive. He would fill that 'inside left' position well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I wanted us to sign Pringle in the summer (and I thought we actually were) and I'd love to see him join us now!

Linked again to Lingard.

I'm unsure on GMS. Some of the things he does just blow you away but he can be very quiet for long periods of a game. At his age (24) I'd have expected him to kick on a lot further than he has done. I'd rather have Ciftci tbh, top player and would really fit in our system.

Big yes to Benik Afobe, especially if it's a loan deal with him out of contract at the end of he season. Low risk signing with potentially high rewards.

No ta to McGugan. He's overrated, overweight and has an attitude problem. Had enough of those type of players at Wolves.

Pringle would be a good stop gap for Sako while he's away at a relatively low price. Not sure how much of a long term prospect he'd be though.

Pringle has been disappointing this season according to my friends who support them, couple of them are season ticket holders and been to the vast majority of away games too, said he has had fleeting moments but that he hasn't had as big an effect as they would have hopped.

Pringle has been disappointing this season according to my friends who support them, couple of them are season ticket holders and been to the vast majority of away games too, said he has had fleeting moments but that he hasn't had as big an effect as they would have hopped.

How much of this is down to being unsettled perhaps?

Back