• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Back in for Delort according to the E&S. I'd be pretty happy with taking him on loan with an option to buy. I think our system would suit him better than Wigan's does.

When I saw him play against us my overriding impression was that he was the new Bryan Ruiz - not in terms of ability, but in terms of being a wet lettuce. The slightest bit of contact and he was pressured out of possession. On the other hand, we've taken strikers from Wigan before with great success.

I remember the Leicester fans raving about Lingaard.
I obviously remembered badly. They say today he was "lightweight" and "crap".

But then again that was the same season they had Harry Kane on loan and they called him crap as well.

Lewis Baker has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan - think he might have been perfect for our system.

Yeah, that was what threw me. He played very well there in preseason.

Bergkamp played wingback/right back for Ajax as a youth teamer! maybe it is a dutch thing, Ajax put him there so he would learn how to defend and mark space, so he could think like a defender when playing up front.

I think it's good to give younger players a bit of rotation so they can become more rounded players, let them see things from other perspectives and perhaps pick up skills they would never have got chance to had they been typecast from a very early age.

A mate of mine does some coaching for Albion, works with sort of feeder teams to their academy think they're WBA Colts or something, he put a list of their top scorers up on Twitter the other day highlighting it being a pretty close spread because everyone gets chances to play up front at some point through the season, not sure what age group that is with mind.

I got told that at Man Utd they make the players rotate round during games at youth level, apparently they were the first academy to stop caring about winning as well, this was all during the 90s they apparently started doing this, the guy who told me was an fa coach educator although I forget his name now, so he is probably pretty credible. I am with you on this Mark, I think being fluid enough to play all over is a great ability to have, I appreciate they seem to be divisive to English fans, but Milner and Carrick to me stand out for this, on the surface they appear to have what some considered limited ability, but have enjoyed careers at successful teams, and are highly rated by club managers.

I think it's good for improving their football intelligence.

You think if you get some kid who's picked out for his pace, gets stuck out on the wing as a result and ends up spending his whole footballing life just playing on that he's going to be a very one dimensional player but if he's only ever been in that situation why would he ever have needed to adapt and work on anything else? Yet if he'd been stuck elsewhere on the pitch in his younger days, say you play him centre half for a while or even just back to fullback, his ability to beat someone for pace isn't important so he's got to start thinking about what he's doing, unless he's just having an almighty strop at being 'out of position'. They might not take to it with any great aplomb or ever need to be used their in the future but the insight it gives them into the other side of the game could be invaluable.

Being linked with Eoin Doyle again on twitter. I hope it's bollocks, he's shite.

Being linked with Eoin Doyle again on twitter. I hope it's bollocks, he's shite.
Every team above Chesterfield and below Palace have been linked with him since he did his 2 hat tricks in a row

TFS Wolves ‏@TFS_Wolves
Wolves are eyeing a move for Ghana international defender Rashid Sumaila. #wwfc

Hes young but another defender?

Daily Mail saying we are in talks to sign Benik Afobe on loan. Not sure we can get him unless we buy so probably nothing in this.

Linked to Gary Mackay-Steven again in The Times this morning.

Linked to Gary Mackay-Steven again in The Times this morning.

Sheffield United to test Dundee United's resolve with improved offer of around £200,000 for Gary Mackay-Steven
Winger is out of contract in the summer and Tangerines may decide to cash in after snubbing initial Bramall Lane bid of £100,000. (Daily Record)

SkyBet Championship @Transfer_News24
Millwall, Wolves, Brentford & Brighton are keen on signing Rotherham winger Ben Pringle. #millwallfc #wwfc #brentfordfc #bhafc #rufc

lots of names being bandied around atm. McGugan has been made available for loan or transfer, should we be looking at him?

Back