• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Removed the words you didn't really need to use

I can see him get a token appearance or two before he goes, there's no clear option to play on the left in Sako's absence so 'flexible' Bjorn might be seen as a better fit than moving Henry or Van la Parra over, people seem to have a fondness for sticking him wide.

What's the odds he gets a few chances on the left in place of Sako, plays wank and then disappears?

Kenny has said (in December I think), that his physical abilities may be useful up front. My guess is he will play twenty minutes at the end of the repla against Fulham when we are losing, offer nothing and disappear.

We've also now signed Donovan Wilson from Bristol Rovers/ I like how pro-active we seem to be in signing up young talent. In Evans and Hause we have two good examples of it working so far.

Kenny has said (in December I think), that his physical abilities may be useful up front. My guess is he will play twenty minutes at the end of the repla against Fulham when we are losing, offer nothing and disappear.

In that E&S article he mentions about him not having much 'front line time' but Jackett offers refers to Wolves as playing 433 so he could well view the wide right/left positions as part of his front line.

You could be right and as he is quite mobile (when he can be bothered) he might be an option as part of a front three, but that would leave the full back very exposed and Kenny likes his wingers to still come back and support them. I can't see Sigurdarson naturally doing that.

I'd like to see Siggy in the #10 role instead of Edwards, even if it just for the Fulham replay, he has a brain and is mobile enough with a decent work rate if the attitude is there. Could be a good foil for Dicko if we get him right. Compared to Sagbo he's practically Harry Kane.

Would Andy Johnson be a short term prospect - free agent now

Been told that we've been asking Dundee United about Gary Mackay-Steven and Nadir Çiftçi.

Been told that we've been asking Dundee United about Gary Mackay-Steven and Nadir Çiftçi.

Would take both, particularly Mackay-Steven. Isn't he out of contract in the summer? Might not cost a fortune either.

Would take both, particularly Mackay-Steven. Isn't he out of contract in the summer? Might not cost a fortune either.

Yep. He's made it clear he wants to move to England as well.

There are a number of clubs in contact with United about GMS (Swansea, Albion, Wigan, Sheffield United, Norwich) but we're the only club asking about Çiftçi so far.

I think it's a case of him not fitting in with the group as a person. He never seemed to have much chemistry with his teammates.

It's a different club now, the toxic core has been removed.

I'd like to see Siggy in the #10 role instead of Edwards, even if it just for the Fulham replay, he has a brain and is mobile enough with a decent work rate if the attitude is there. Could be a good foil for Dicko if we get him right. Compared to Sagbo he's practically Harry Kane.

This..
However i fully expect KJ to play him in a unfamiliar position, with no benefit to anyone and then farm him out on loan..

Isnt Boukari nearly back?

Wondered this myself. However I doubt Siggy would do the defensive side of the role as Edwards does. That isn't to say the idea is of little/no merit.
Siggy as a strike partner for Dicko in a 4-4-2?

I was about to ask about Boukari. He can play as a winger and a striker too. Pacey aswell from what i remember. Would like to see him given a good run.

He's a good player but no telling what KJ thinks of him as he (like Sigurdarson) is inextricably linked to the Solbakken era.

It's all moot until he can go three days without breaking. He's not out of the picture purely due to the manager's personal choice at the moment, he has been injured. Again.

Back