• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Yes Mick, well done that man.

Doyle smashing them in for Palace now...

As Kenny Jacket is a 'Head Coach', what effect and influence will he have on future transfers?

Final say on anything to do with the first team. He has said himself on many many occasions.

Final say on anything to do with the first team. He has said himself on many many occasions.

OK, but humour an old traditionalist.

At what stage is he involved? Can he influence the scouting, finance etc. like a manager would or does he have to have a 'hands off' approach until Thelwell & Co. have sorted things, or is it more of a committee approach?

I think generally Thelwell and his scouts go about their business without his input, finding, watching and reporting on players who fit in with the 'Wolves way' then when the time comes that Kenny is in the market for any given type of player they have a list of potential targets ready for him to have a say on, then if Kenny has someone particular in mind he can get them checked out by the Thelwell crew too and throw their name into the mix.

Kenny does a fair bit of scouting himself as well. Regularly goes to games with Joe Gallen to look at players.

Kenny does a fair bit of scouting himself as well. Regularly goes to games with Joe Gallen to look at players.

He'll go to the games where the players that have been identified by the scouting team are playing.

I think people forget that managers and their assistants are working at the same time their targets are playing. Reserve games tend to be the games you'll see managers at if a particular player is there.

I'm assuming that if KJ has a particular type of player he is after, then he can advise Thelwell et al to seek a player of that type/position. However, I'd also assume that Thelwell & the scouting network would in theory have files/databases/reports of enough potential target to give KJ narrowed down options from the off, making the process easier/quicker. Also means the club is off the mark pretty quick (contrary to most forums).

Pete O'Rourke @SportsPeteO
Bolton, Birmingham, Wolves, Millwall, Barnsley and Sheffield United all interested in West Ham forward Sean Maguire. #WHUFC #BWFC #WWFC

Not sure why we would want him?

He'd join the U21s I imagine. If he stood out in any way he would've been at Goodison tonight. To be honest I think it's his agent touting him around.

What's the odds he gets a few chances on the left in place of Sako, plays wank and then disappears?

I think it's a case of him not fitting in with the group as a person. He never seemed to have much chemistry with his teammates.

He didn't even fit in as a player never mind on a personal level.

I wouldn't say that personally, he just never seemed to have any consistency (or was consistently bad at times like last season). I have seen games where he has linked up well with those around him. He came to the club at a bad time and he also didn't have the right mindset to cope with it but I don't think our group of players have rejected him as a person

Back