• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Not played enough at first team level to take a punt on imo also he's a "central defender/left back". We've already got cover at left bacl now with Hause who's done a really good job out of position so don't see why we would sign similar when he is an unknown quantity, by the way.............what the fucks happened to Golbourne, he's been out for ages, either a more serious injury than we thought or something more to it?

It's one of those injuries for which rest is the only real cure and it's hard to put a timescale on. Nothing overly serious but a problem that can linger for a lot longer than anticipated and not something you can really play through either.

Personally I'd rather persevere with Hause at LB then till he's ready, Hause isn't an out and out LB but so far he's done better than anybody else there although Doherty did a pretty good job till he got sent off so don't see any point in strengthening at the back, we have lots of cover now, I'd rather we spent money on a Dicko like striker and a combative midfielder. Where we find a pacy, strong striker who's prepared to play second fiddle to Dicko though I don't know, VLP did an ok job I think till Dicko came back in.

Apparently Eoin Doyle is going to a Championship club. Could it be us? 21 goals in 25 games this season.

I met him once in Magaluf, he's a right douche.

Was never that impressed with him at Hibs but his record at Chesterfield speaks for itself.

Apparently Eoin Doyle is going to a Championship club. Could it be us? 21 goals in 25 games this season.

Do we need him? Have a hard time believing his Dicko-esque.

Personally I'd rather persevere with Hause at LB then till he's ready, Hause isn't an out and out LB but so far he's done better than anybody else there although Doherty did a pretty good job till he got sent off so don't see any point in strengthening at the back, we have lots of cover now, I'd rather we spent money on a Dicko like striker and a combative midfielder. Where we find a pacy, strong striker who's prepared to play second fiddle to Dicko though I don't know, VLP did an ok job I think till Dicko came back in.
Why do they have to play 2nd fiddle to Dicko, he's important to Wolves but nowhere near irreplaceable quality.

Its not that Dicko is irreplaceable and in fact imo he doesn't get enough goals but it is obvious that with Dicko in the team we play much better as a whole and so if he is fit there is no way I can see him him being replaced as first chioce unless he suffers a massive downturn in form and I would have thought that any player worthy of replacing him is going to consider that before they sign which means we might only get a second rate version which we already have in VLP

We need to focus on replacing/covering Sako and getting a CM. Zeki Fryers isn't what we need in my opinion unless Golbourne's injury is more serious than we've been told.

Its not that Dicko is irreplaceable and in fact imo he doesn't get enough goals but it is obvious that with Dicko in the team we play much better as a whole and so if he is fit there is no way I can see him him being replaced as first chioce unless he suffers a massive downturn in form and I would have thought that any player worthy of replacing him is going to consider that before they sign which means we might only get a second rate version which we already have in VLP
So if he isn't all that great why can't Wolves attempt to find a Dick upgrade rather than settle for a back up who they can persuade to play 2nd fiddle?

Who could we get in the same mold, though? We're not going to be signing Ahmed Musa or Seydou Doumbia anytime soon.

So if he isn't all that great why can't Wolves attempt to find a Dick upgrade rather than settle for a back up who they can persuade to play 2nd fiddle?

I'd be happy with that but does that player exist? that is also available and prepared to come to Wolves. If we get him I'll be well chuffed. I accept that I'm just a realist (some might say defeatist) who doesn't like to get his hopes up only for them to be dashed.....had enough of that when Jack Haywood took over

I'm sure a professional scouting team can find another fast, fairly strong striker who is willing to run the channels as an out ball for his midfield. Calum Wilson looks like he'd be capable of such and a better goals return than Dicko but Wolves didn't have the appetite to paying what Coventry wanted.

I'm sure a professional scouting team can find another fast, fairly strong striker who is willing to run the channels as an out ball for his midfield. Calum Wilson looks like he'd be capable of such and a better goals return than Dicko but Wolves didn't have the appetite to paying what Coventry wanted.

I have my doubts, given our recent striking acquisitions.

Wilson would have been great but that birds flown unfortunately and tbh if Dicko can improve his composure in front of goal only a small amount then he's as good as anybody in this league

I;ve no doubt that the scouting/coaching team have players in their sights but so do loads of other teams and maybe when players look at prospective clubs and our recent history, we don't come top of their list

I think that says more about Wolves scouting/target selection than it does about Dicko's ability relative to his peers.

I thought our scouting was the issue here?

Back