• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

yes from named sources

Wolves Loan Move For Bennett?

Sports journalist, Pete O'Rourke has tweeted tonight that Wolves are lining up a loan move for Norwich City winger, Elliot Bennett.

Bennett has been on loan at his old club, Brighton but with the sacking of Sami Hyypia and the loan finishing in January, his options are open and it seems he may make a return to the club where he began his career.

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=381705#ixzz3N8bmry9f

Not sure why we'd want him?

Don't think he has really played much since his bad injury last season which would be a concern. I didn't think he looked any good down here as a kid (his brother looked a miles better prospect) but he did do well for Brighton and when he first went to Norwich.

That was about 4 years ago prof and he's done buggerall since. I'd hope we can do a lot better.

Just checked, eight league starts in 18 months. It would have to be a loan initially because there's no way I'd want us spending money on a player fairly reliant on pace who hadn't fully proven recovery from a serious injury.

Just speculating but it could be an interesting loan choice for Matt Jarvis, Ipswich or Wolves.

I'm not sure they would let him go. He makes the bench most games and although he isn't playing it still must be enjoyable being around a side that is doing so well. Hypothetically though in the assumption that he has moved down there and lives somewhere in Essex then Ipswich would suit him better

According to Twitter the Mirror is linking us with a loan move for Zeki Fryers, from Crystal Palace. Can't really see the logic for that...

Fryers is at Palace now?

Yeah, he's barely played. I'm not a fan, looks like a centre half playing at left back when he goes there and a left back at centre half when he's switched. His build means he's pretty cumbersome yet he somehow isn't in any way physically imposing. There are much better options out there.

Back