• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Confused that the focus (or links, real or imaginary) still appears to be midfielders when general consensus is we need a defender or 2, and a forward.

What does that say about our perception of our needs, in comparison to the club? Or, does it speak more about the fact we are excelling at keeping targets details under wraps?

I think we do need at least one central midfielder if we're playing 4-4-2 for any length of time. Edwards is not the answer there.

We also need to replace Sako for a month. I'm not sure Dicko will be picked due to his underlying injury and lack of football - plus he wasn't even getting in the Mali team anyway.

Could be doubts over McDonald within a two in midfield, he looks the perfect midfield player within a three. Do you require athletes if you play just two in there. maybe.

I think Evans is fine for a 442 personally. Might be good for him to have had a rest recently but if encouraged to play a bit further forward (he comes too deep to receive the ball lately) he has it in him to be a very good midfield player. Him and McDonald would be my preferred choice as it is regardless of formation right now.

Gary Gardner has the quality to test a Wolves central midfield of Edwards and McDonald, though he hasn't been getting the reviews you would expect.

Think Kmac and Evans are just too light weight to play as a 2 in midfield although as he progresses Evans may be able fullfill that role at some stage

I think they're lacking pace more than been too lightweight.

I'm hoping lightweight here doesn't literally mean "weighs too little".

Perhaps lightweight was the wrong term, what I'm trying to say is that when they come under pressure both seem either to make panic passes or give the ball away too cheaply. Both are excellent on the ball but maybe in a midfield 2 they need a minder?

Darren Fletcher rumored to be let go at United. Would we have him here? Certainly the right character but not sure how much skill the infection has left him with. Or if he'd even come to this level. Can easily see him at a Sunderland.

We need a seriously good defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back four, and a striker who knows where the net is with his eyes closed. Dear Santa..........

Chris Gunter? No thanks. As bad as Doherty.

Doesn't Kenny keep saying RB is our strongest position?

Yup. Either that's his blind spot or he's trying to cover for Doherty/increase his confidence.

Back