• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Question for those in the know with more knowledge of the PL, but does anyone know the who'd we most likely get on loan as a striker from those teams ? I'd assume it would be 4th-5th in line young strikers who look like they could start in the Championship - can't be a huge list?

It will be a shorter list than you think as Jackett's preference is to loan with a view to buy, a policy I agree with, but it does mean that we aren't looking for short term solutions but players who can do a job now and in future. This is what we did last season to good effect and to repeat the trick again this year means we will be looking at better quality players who hopefully have scope for improvement. These are players that many clubs are looking at.

Just back from a few days in France - where Andy Delort was not front page news - and have to say I'm 100% in agreement with KJ and most people on here. Wolves' huge asset at the moment is team spirit - I certainly wouldn't risk that by signing someone who may well upset the harmony in the dressing room by busting the wage structure. We're probably going to have to do that to keep Sako, but he is at least a proven success, has shown his loyalty to the club and is respected and liked by his fellow players

Well Kenny's clearly not worried about the situation, so I'm not going to be either.

We do need to look again at the stricker situation, particularly if Mali qualify for the ACON as he and Sako are likely to be missing for a month, but from what I have read elsewhere Kenny is well aware of that

Well Kenny's clearly not worried about the situation, so I'm not going to be either.

We do need to look again at the stricker situation, particularly if Mali qualify for the ACON as he and Sako are likely to be missing for a month, but from what I have read elsewhere Kenny is well aware of that

Ismail and Cassidy can come back from Notts County to fill the void.

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

wouldnt mind Graham, if Kenny can revive his form he could play a part for us. He should be able to score at this level

I'd be happy enough with Graham. Would prefer Wood but guess that's not going to happen.

By all acounts he did well enough for Middlesbrough at the end of last season and he is proven in this league. I'd take him on the right terms.

Hugo Almeida anyone? Currently a free agent. A decent target man and still scores goals. Would probably want better wages than we could offer though.

Surely his wage demands would be astronomical by our standards. Dare I say I'd rather we go in for Altidore, who would thrive in our footballing side.

And no response is needed to that, I know I'm the only one who thinks so.

Didn't both Henry and Jacobs come in last season initially on loan?, i'd never heard of either, there might be a striker come in that hardly anyone has heard of.

Didn't both Henry and Jacobs come in last season initially on loan?, i'd never heard of either, there might be a striker come in that hardly anyone has heard of.

Agreed, I doubt there's anything we have to be worried about. Unless Dicko gets hurt, like, tomorrow.

Surely his wage demands would be astronomical by our standards. Dare I say I'd rather we go in for Altidore, who would thrive in our footballing side.

Has he been named in Sunderlands 25 man Squad for the Premier League? Strong, pacy, not too old (25?)...could be the kind of player we'd look at and looks quite good when he plays for a team that suits his style of play, The US National Team and not Sunderland

:icon_lol:

Even if he was someone I wanted I'd guess his wages are pretty high too.

Back