• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Darlo... you are scaring me a bit.

Has he been named in Sunderlands 25 man Squad for the Premier League? Strong, pacy, not too old (25?)...could be the kind of player we'd look at and looks quite good when he plays for a team that suits his style of play, The US National Team and not Sunderland

7483_411c.gif

I have no desire to watch a 21st century version of Mike Small.

When is the ACON? & what are the dates of the qualifiers?
Saw that Dicko & Sako flew out the other day, but when are their matches?

6th Sep vs Malawi (H)
10th Sep vs Algeria (A)
10th Oct vs Ethiopia (A)
15th Oct vs Ethiopa (H)
14th Nov vs Malawi (A)
19th Nov vs Algeria (H)

The tournament is 17th Jan - 8th Feb next year, realistically we would have to release the pair of them (if they qualify) about 10 days before then.

Hopefully Mali have a collective Weston Super and fail to qualify so we can keep them both.

Has he been named in Sunderlands 25 man Squad for the Premier League? Strong, pacy, not too old (25?)...could be the kind of player we'd look at and looks quite good when he plays for a team that suits his style of play, The US National Team and not Sunderland

I dare say that my dogs have more ability on the ball than he does. He's the rich man's Frank Nouble.

Well that's just bollocks.

Why have you got the popcorn out? You should be defending my view!
Dan; 39 goals in 67 League games for AZ Alkmaar and 23 goals in 71 games for USNT make him a little better than Mike Small.
I think with Altidore it's the style of player around him/position played that either improves his game or makes him look rubbish.
Since 2011 (same timescale as Jozy) Nouha Dicko has 39 goals in 68 League games in total... Admittedly we have to add Jozys 1 goal in 34 games for Sunderland but it could just be the style of Sunderlands play doesn't suit him....Can't believe I'm defending Jozy Altidore here!

It's fun to not be the only one! We're like the Super Delusional Super Best Friends!

I dare say that my dogs have more ability on the ball than he does. He's the rich man's Frank Nouble.

In the same timescale as listed for Dicko and Altidore, Nouble has 10 goals in 90 League games for the likes of Barnsley, Charlton and Gillingham who I reckon aren't as good as AZ Alkmaar....

Dicko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My 7 year old sister >>>>>>> Altidore >>>>>> Nouble

Youngie's sister... first £100m footballer!?

6th Sep vs Malawi (H)
10th Sep vs Algeria (A)
10th Oct vs Ethiopia (A)
15th Oct vs Ethiopa (H)
14th Nov vs Malawi (A)
19th Nov vs Algeria (H)

The tournament is 17th Jan - 8th Feb next year, realistically we would have to release the pair of them (if they qualify) about 10 days before then.
cheers dw.
couldn't find anything on the beebs website about it! frustrating.

6th Sep vs Malawi (H)
10th Sep vs Algeria (A)
10th Oct vs Ethiopia (A)
15th Oct vs Ethiopa (H)
14th Nov vs Malawi (A)
19th Nov vs Algeria (H)

That's fairly crap as far as wolves are concerned - some of the distances involved are enormous. Can't believe they'll be at their best when they come back to Wolves

Do two teams qualify from those games or just the one?
If it's one all I can say is...Come on Algeria!

That's fairly crap as far as wolves are concerned - some of the distances involved are enormous. Can't believe they'll be at their best when they come back to Wolves

Algeria is a 3 hour flight at most. Probably less if the game is in Algiers.

Mali is next country over and looking at a globe is around the same as a flight to the canaries.

Ethiopia (well at least Addis Ababa) is about a six hour flight.

Malawi is the longest flight - maybe about eight hours.

These really aren't enormous distances. It isn't like the games are in Auckland.

Back