• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

There are 2 third place teams who will qualify too I think?

Just one third placed team. 2 x 7 winners/runners up, this rogue 3rd placed team to make up the numbers, and the hosts Morocco.

Mali are very much a regular fixture in the ACN highly likely they'll be there.

It would be a major surprise if Algeria and Mali didn't both get out of that group.

Ethiopia have been much improved recently IIRC.

Alan, fwiw, I would cum buckets if we got Altidore on even a short loan.

For those slagging him off, explain your reasoning. He works his socks off. Unfortunately, Sunderland's midfield is less effective than dog shit.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Ignoring the fact he's shit, he's managed to score 2 goals in 62 games in English football. Doyle is prolific in comparison.

Wickham and Fletcher when he's been fit have done more than OK.

Wickham and Fletcher when he's been fit have done more than OK.

Fletcher has a terrible record under Poyet. Doesn't suit the style at all. Fletcher needs crosses from wingers flying in all of the time and is better in a more direct team. He'll lose his place to Wickham as the centre forward soon I'd guess.

Fletcher also has a terrible injury record since Poyet came in, that's going to knock his goalscoring record. You make it sound like he's just some big lumpent target man who is only good for getting on the end of stuff in the box.

If Fletcher played for a really good team and stayed fit he'd be good for 15+ goals a season IMO. But that's not the point. Altidore is a poor footballer, who's goalscoring record is beyond awful.

He 'works his socks off' was the argument for someone in the Mick era, not now.

Fletcher also has a terrible injury record since Poyet came in, that's going to knock his goalscoring record. You make it sound like he's just some big lumpent target man who is only good for getting on the end of stuff in the box.

Don't get me wrong Fletch was/is one of my favourite Wolves players from last 20 years or so but he is a striker who thrives on crosses, always has been, always will be. Coyle, McCarthy, O'Neill all old school managers who played with old-fashioned wingers and styles. Poyet is a bit more pass pass pass, has a more fluid team and I've also read him before suggesting Fletch is not his ideal centre forward. Now they have signed a couple of wingers it will allow Wickham to move back upfront IMO and Fletch will likely miss out. We'll see but he doesn't look half as threatening since O'Neill left Sunderland.

I'd argue that Fletcher is suited to a team passing the ball as he drops into receive very well, his aerial ability is more a bonus as he's an excellent footballer. If he was pacy and powerful he'd have everything really. Shame he is broken so often.

Our American friends have a masssive blind spot when it comes to Altidore, it's like they put some mind altering drug in the water where he is concerned over there.

I'd argue that Fletcher is suited to a team passing the ball as he drops into receive very well, his aerial ability is more a bonus as he's an excellent footballer. If he was pacy and powerful he'd have everything really. Shame he is broken so often.

I'd say a lack of pace and power make you more unsuitable to a passing team.

I have idly fantasised about getting Fletcher back here on loan...

Back