• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

We obviously thought a kid from the French second division wouldn't ask such a huge wage jump and as soon as he did, we walked away. It looks like we could probably have covered all of the wage requirements of Wood, but not all of it as base salary, we wanted incentivisation and bonuses in there to take us to the figure. So we were in the ball park on Wood but it looks like he didn't want to play.

Wood (or more likely his agent) moved the goalposts after the two clubs had agreed a deal. Wolves refused to increase their offer to the player, so he turned it down.

Wood (or more likely his agent) moved the goalposts after the two clubs had agreed a deal. Wolves refused to increase their offer to the player, so he turned it down.

I wonder if he'll back down when the loan window reopens? If he doesn't, fuck him.

Seeing as we've signed Saville and tried to get Bamford, what would everyone think about us taking Nathan Aké on loan?

He made a few appearances last season for Chelsea so Mourinho obviously thinks he's close to being ready for first team action. He could be set for his first loan move. He'd provide good cover in defence and would certainly fit in with our style of football.

You're confused Frank ?
I can't figure out what happened last night. The deadline was 11pm, then suddenly became 1am, and Man U do a deal at 1.30am
wtf is going on? Surel a deadline is a deadline !

You're confused Frank ?
I can't figure out what happened last night. The deadline was 11pm, then suddenly became 1am, and Man U do a deal at 1.30am
wtf is going on? Surel a deadline is a deadline !

After 2100 you can submit an extension form on a deal by deal basis. Provided you get that in by 2300, then you have until 0100 (or in this case, 0130 with Fergie time) to submit all the paperwork to the FA.

Well, something along those lines.

This is quite amusing:

@LUFC · 15h
Don't go to bed just yet...there is still work to be done #DeadlineDay #lufc

@LUFC · 14h
After a busy last hour that is us done for the 2014 Summer Transfer Window #DeadlineDay #lufc

@FansLeeds ·
@LUFC serious note, I let my 6 year old lad stay up to find out who we sign. Seriously irresponsible from the club. Not on. @LUFCCommercial

Back