• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Why bother giving them a trial at all then? May as well throw them all straight in jail.

Like I say, Crown Prosecution must think they have a good case else they wouldn't have charged him in the first place.

Just because people can get a fancy lawyer and 12 people, who could potentially have the IQ of 3, find them not guilty, doesn't mean they aren't guilty.

Conversely, some fancy lawyer, a couple of cops & a couple of accusers doesn't necessarily mean someone is guilty.

So if you were accused of something like this. The CPS decided that the word of 2 people was enough to take it to court but during the trial you were found not guilty would you be happy to spend the rest of your life being judged on a lie?

Who says it's a lie? 12 people who are possibly dim wits?

Like I say, Crown Prosecution must think they have a good case else they wouldn't have charged him in the first place.

Just because people can get a fancy lawyer and 12 people, who could potentially have the IQ of 3, find them not guilty, doesn't mean they aren't guilty.

Having been on a jury, I can sympathise with this perspective.

How many charges are against him?

16. Though it is likely that some of the charges will relate to the same incident(s).
For example, the lee rigby killers had multiple cgharges against them for the one incident.

Having been on a jury, I can sympathise with this perspective.

I feel the same about our voting system. I don't vote because I don't particularly care for politics, so I feel my vote would be uneducated. And how many people did you hear say they voted for Conservative because they didn't want Brown in anymore. FFS.

My point is not really about RH. More a general one. If you have done nothing wrong, but an accusation is made and carried through to court, you are found not guilty yet you are labelled for what you didn't do and that's basically your life done.

My point is not really about RH. More a general one. If you have done nothing wrong, but an accusation is made and carried through to court, you are found not guilty yet you are labelled for what you didn't do and that's basically your life done.

Case in point, the guy who got done for murdering Rachel Nickell on a police fit up.

You could still be found guilty by a jury even if you haven't done it. You're talking as if every result in court is the correct one.

I'd guess more guilty people get off than innocent people get done.

But at least with a court hearing evidence is opened up to scrutiny.
That isn't helped when police officers alter/fabricate evidence to support their accusations/gain a conviction, which is a different argument.

People who pour boiling water on live rodents trapped in cages (yes, there is a person here who admitted doing that).

Makes me sad that Langers hasn't commented on the latest Doctor Who adventure.

Come on Langers!

I'm not sure but I think I might actually be depressed - I just get sad seemingly without any real reason (I'm putting it down to loneliness but I dunno if it's something else entirely) and I do have moments when I'm feeling alright but all of a sudden it just creeps back in...

It's not that I'm sad as in - crying my eyes out every waking out but sad as in there's something that just doesn't feel right...it's the best I know how to explain it! My university has a counselling service but I'm going to have to wait at least until after the 21st (when my exams finish) to see them and until the 2nd to get an idea of when I can see them...I just can't be sat in my room miserable as fuck like I was last term...

I'm not sure but I think I might actually be depressed - I just get sad seemingly without any real reason (I'm putting it down to loneliness but I dunno if it's something else entirely) and I do have moments when I'm feeling alright but all of a sudden it just creeps back in...

It's not that I'm sad as in - crying my eyes out every waking out but sad as in there's something that just doesn't feel right...it's the best I know how to explain it! My university has a counselling service but I'm going to have to wait at least until after the 21st (when my exams finish) to see them and until the 2nd to get an idea of when I can see them...I just can't be sat in my room miserable as $#@! like I was last term...

Just seen this.

From what I've read before you felt guilty about leaving your mum when you went to Uni, do you think this is part of the reason? If so perhaps transferring to somewhere closer to home may be the right thing to do?

If not, perhaps societies are the answer, or moving into a shared house which I found more social than halls?

As many on here will testify those 3 years should be some of the best of your life so do what you can to make the best of them.

I need to pick a date for 'National Hamlet Day' any ideas ??

I need to pick a date for 'National Hamlet Day' any ideas ??

I don't really think that's necessary! :icon_lol:

and @ Tony Towner - I don't think it's my mum but to be honest the three flatmates I have I just don't get along with! Not that they're arseholes but I can't carry a conversation with them. At all. Anything I say to them and I just get 'yeah' or 'mmmm' in response...

Right now I feel fine but it's probably not going to stay that way - just hope within a month or two I'm sorted out! There is a society I am considering but I'm not gonna join it if all it is is bar crawls, that's not my kind of thing!

I don't really think that's necessary! :icon_lol:
Do you think Santa had any choice in when Christmas was ?
Do you think Jermaine Easter has any choice when we eat chocolate eggs in his honour ?

Its happening, get used to it :)

Back