• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Danny Ings up to these days?

In talks with West Brom, according to the insufferable Craig Burley.

He's also linked to Newcastle, but every striker in the Isles is linked with Newcastle at the mo.

Came on today for Liverpool.

Never mind then, thought maybe klopp had forgotten about him

If he can stay fit I think Klopp would prefer to keep him and sell Sturridge to some mug (hello West Ham). Much better fit for what he wants from a striker.

Regardless of how it worked out, getting Clarke in during the L1 campaign allowed a different approach than having Dicko. Nuno seems a very astute manager so part of me wonders if we will see something similar, rather than cover, a different type. The lad from PSV for example was a wide man/speedier forward. Where as Bonatini is a sort of technical focal point/pivot.

Agree with this. Currently, it appears we have an excellent plan a. We don't really have a plan b though. I appreciate some feel we don't need a plan b, but I disagree. Options would be welcome.

Wasnt Clarke plan B when Callum Wilson got that lengthy injury ?

Not the first time we've been linked to him. I hope it's true.

So we're all waiting for ghoddos then? (Dunno how it's pronounced but I'll go with how I think,just for the very poor pun of a well known play,I'll get my coat)

Everton are overloaded with central midfielders. James McCarthy is just coming back to fitness. I'd be interested in him at the right price, when he's on top of his game he's a very, very good PL player. Still only 27 as well.

Alf has done well at points but isn't really pushing for a start now on merit (we might swap him in over this sequence of games just for rotation purposes, but you wouldn't prefer him to either of the first choice pairing in his own right). Price isn't an option to start games any more and would have no hope of making a PL impact. Ronan and MGW have a lot of talent but also a long way to develop at this stage.

What’s going to happen with Ronan? Is he going to be another Vokes? We don’t want to loan him so he can’t get coaching with Nuno here, but are U23 games and a couple of FA cup games going to be enough for his development?

We’re only going to sign better players and as a result he will fall further down the pecking order

The critical thing for him is to find a position and nail it down ASAP. I think in the few U23 games that he's played, he's been central midfield which I think is the right way to go in the long term. It's no good for him if he's constantly being swapped between there and out wide, especially as the first team formation dictates that those two roles require entirely different skill sets.

It's then down to the management to decide if physically he'll be ok in there. I wouldn't have too many qualms about that personally as he's a tough kid, but you can see why there would be concerns just from looking at him. He still looks about 12.

I would rather have him on the bench than Price going forward.

Ronan changed the game in the Soton league Cup win - might look as if he is twelve, but there's a surprising amount of steel in there

Would agree that he would be a better option than Price on the bench

Ronan is a baller.

I think central mid would be his best position. Is size really that important? Ronan knows how to look after himself. I think we'd be more fluid with Ronan playing over Alf

Links with Grabban again today and talk of ending his loan at Sunderland in Jan.

It seems more likely to me that we're after Afobe and Bournemouth are recalling Grabban to give themselves cover

There was a bit on twitter by the wolves analytics account - basically if we sign another non-homegrown player then one of current crop will have to drop out of the match day squad. Might explain why we are looking at Afobe, Grabban etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back