• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned it before, we went on a run of 1 win in 11 in 2008/9. Still got 90 points and won the league. No way we go on that kind of run this year, not on that scale anyway.

I've mentioned it before, we went on a run of 1 win in 11 in 2008/9. Still got 90 points and won the league. No way we go on that kind of run this year, not on that scale anyway.

Helped in that season by the other 2 challengers also going on a shit run at the same time - could have been a different result if they hadn't as pressure would have increased on us

How is four points out of six a poor run of form?

I can understand that we haven't been great for the last couple of games and we all want promotion done and dusted in March
but it doesn't get much better than this. I can't see us going on a mega bad run but you never know. From here we can
Win 13 Draw 3 Lose 9 get 90pts and still get auto promotion.

The 2 games before Blues and Sunderland raised the bar somewhat. We are never going to see a long run of those types of games where we seem to score fun. Man City were putting 5, 6 & 7 past teams not long ago and then needed very late goals to beat Huddersfield, West Ham & Southampton. Games where the pundits were joking about how many City would score against these poor teams.

Dead right, but they got over the line thats whats counts in the end. So have we against total defence.

True that Kenny, teams lesser than you also tend to park the bus and try to counter..so if you are top of the league teams will put that into their pre-match briefing..city is easily the best team in england, talents, speed, great manager, big money..they have won the league already(sadly)

True that Kenny, teams lesser than you also tend to park the bus and try to counter..so if you are top of the league teams will put that into their pre-match briefing..city is easily the best team in england, talents, speed, great manager, big money..they have won the league already(sadly)

Second best team in England.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but surely Sam Vokes would be worth asking about on a loan.

He's not getting much game time and he'd fit into our system perfectly. Would he come?

I doubt it. Dyche has a great thing going at Turf Moor and those not in the starting 11 seem to be buying into it completely.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but surely Sam Vokes would be worth asking about on a loan.

He's not getting much game time and he'd fit into our system perfectly. Would he come?

Still getting some game time & not completely outside their squad

As Paddy says unlikely that he would want to come

Likelihood is that we will bring someone in, but it will be a player none of us will have thought of - Leo will still be seen as the main man & this will be as back up initially

Regardless of how it worked out, getting Clarke in during the L1 campaign allowed a different approach than having Dicko. Nuno seems a very astute manager so part of me wonders if we will see something similar, rather than cover, a different type. The lad from PSV for example was a wide man/speedier forward. Where as Bonatini is a sort of technical focal point/pivot.

Defour and Wood, come off for Vokes and Barnes pretty much week in, week out.

Are we going to have a home grown issue coming up if we sign more players that didn’t come through in England?

And my second question - I don’t seem to see loads of quality young players in the championship that I’d take any more - a season or so ago there were quite a few, but now I can only really think of sessegnon and maybe Brooks that could go on and be really good in the prem that we could go for...

We should be just about alright for this season, and then the rules change dramatically if we go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back