• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've conceded the least goals bar Cardiff (by one) scored the most, got the most points and some want a back four! fucking hell how well do you think a season can go, and what has Costa done to deserve a start since his comeback bar 1 game. Bright is an impact player thats fine and yes I wanted him on, and thought that Nuno got it wrong against Sunderland, but he'd be mad to change a system thats working this well.
On another note if we signed Grabban or Martin it would just be a pay day for them with no future here. I'm sure it would affect them performance wise. Better a loanee wanting to make a name over here in the richest football country on the planet.

I thought the game against Sunderland showed us how Jota and Cavaleiro are still players in development, still learning new facets to their game. Both are good runners with the ball but their passing and link play into the central striker can often be lacking. I thought as a unit we failed to link into Bonatini which was vital given Sunderland gave little space beyond the back line to run in to. We may as well have had Grabban instead of Leo because of those failings.

So how the fuck are we top of the league? creative players give the ball away sometimes fact else it would be like basket ball. Saturday was just an off day it can't be as easy (or certain) as we want it to be.

So much of our attacking play comes because we a have a spare man at the back, we can pass it around without having to worry about being 2v2 and then look for an attacking pass from coady, neves or saiss into a WB or attacker. I just don't think we would have that time or option with a back 4

I've been looking at the last 2 games as one of them should really have been a loss with how we've played, and hoping that we'll bounce back next game as we did after our last loss, get back into form, without even losing.

I've been looking at the last 2 games as one of them should really have been a loss with how we've played, and hoping that we'll bounce back next game as we did after our last loss, get back into form, without even losing.

Which game should we have lost?
The game where our opponents didn't have a shot on target or the one where our opponent had what was, basically, a back pass to the keeper from about 30 yards?

We've conceded the least goals bar Cardiff (by one) scored the most, got the most points and some want a back four! fucking hell how well do you think a season can go, and what has Costa done to deserve a start since his comeback bar 1 game. Bright is an impact player thats fine and yes I wanted him on, and thought that Nuno got it wrong against Sunderland, but he'd be mad to change a system thats working this well.
On another note if we signed Grabban or Martin it would just be a pay day for them with no future here. I'm sure it would affect them performance wise. Better a loanee wanting to make a name over here in the richest football country on the planet.

Not sure anyone wants us to just play 4 at the back but have the option to change formation if we are struggling to break down a packed defence and try something different

Which game should we have lost?
The game where our opponents didn't have a shot on target or the one where our opponent had what was, basically, a back pass to the keeper from about 30 yards?

Now now Darlo! Not getting deep into it ha. I just feel over the last 2 games we haven't been at our best at all and 'it could' have gone the other way. Don't need to tell me why that wasn't possible or that we were never in danger of losing. If that's opening a can of worms then ignore my passing comment.

I didn't leave the house yesterday. Bit of a missed opportunity perhaps as I could potentially have flown to the Moon, if we ignore my lack of spacecraft and astronaut training.

Not sure anyone wants us to just play 4 at the back but have the option to change formation if we are struggling to break down a packed defence and try something different
Oh right Ok yeah I thought we should've brought Bright on to run at em, dont think he'll change the formation though look how well the reserves did at City. I think the systems fine. I agree that we were not in anyway in danger of losing either of the last 2 we have'nt played well up front but we havent had much to do at the back. If Helder was on fire like last year he'd get in but he ain't at the mo. Wednesday will come at us I'm sure so I believe we will be better but never easy is it.

Now now Darlo! Not getting deep into it ha. I just feel over the last 2 games we haven't been at our best at all and 'it could' have gone the other way. Don't need to tell me why that wasn't possible or that we were never in danger of losing. If that's opening a can of worms then ignore my passing comment.

Is that you, Mr Cotterill?

Game one; If we'd had a competant referee, Birmingham would have been down to 10 men in the 10th minute and we'd probably have battered them
Game two; Sunderland came for a point, parked the bus and our forwards had an off day. It happens, even to great teams and you just put it behind you and start again in the next game

I canny be arsed. I forget on this forum everyone is an expert and you're made to look like you haven't sat and watched the fucking game yourself. I thought we played poop across the 2 games and could have easily lost one. Hoping we bounce back from 2 mediocre games. End of Bert.

I canny be arsed. I forget on this forum everyone is an expert and you're made to look like you haven't sat and watched the fucking game yourself. I thought we played poop across the 2 games and could have easily lost one. Hoping we bounce back from 2 mediocre games. End of Bert.
I agree! I don't think we looked like losing, but we definitely didn't play well.

You made a statement that we should have lost at least one of our last 2 games...I pointed out the impossibility of that (1 pass back on target) and at no time tried to or meant to demean you or put you down.
Bristol City, we could very well have lost... Blues and Sunderland we never looked like losing. This is just my opinion you understand and that is what debating is all about. Opinions

Just because our forwards had an off day doesn't mean we will concede goals

You do understand the difference between the Blues/Sunderland games, where for periods we weren't at our best but were totally untroubled throughout, and let's say, the Rotherham game last season where we were awful, somehow won but they had numerous clear chances which meant they could easily have won?

Your position makes no sense.

It was just a shitty passing comment then clearly. I meant it mostly I've been looking at the 2 games as us being a bit shite compared to the previous handful, and I'm hoping that we bounce back as we did after our last loss, even though we haven't lost.

God help you if you had an influx of newbies or people who aren't fucking experts. How will you all reply fast enough.

How long would you like the amnesty to be between you posting something which doesn't fit reality and replies being posted...

FWIW I expect us to play well and win well on Friday.

None at all as that would be lonely. I'll just squash what I say even more on this place to suit the experts.

chips-2-retouched_72dpi.jpg

Take one of those to stick on your other shoulder on your way out, eh?

This whole exchange is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back