• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The only problem I had with GT5 is that you can own the Ai so quickly by getting a uber fast car so quick

But the AI in Forza 4 (not 3) isn't exactly stellar is it?

And no way Gran Turimo 6 comes out in 2013. This is Gran Turismo we're talking about :p

Mass Effect 3..... Utterly compelling. Until the end. Oh deary me.

I look forward to your thoughts, Hereford.

I've already downloaded the free DLC with the 'revised' ending....so I'm hoping it won't be too bad!

The revised ending doesn't fix the major issue I and thousands of other people have with it, unfortunately.

Still, it really is brilliant until that point so enjoy it!

Well, you are a grumpy git, aren't you?

Post anyway - and enjoy your shagging and no relegation worries!

The next three years will be great fun!!!!

Lol! Far from it, I'm happier now than I've been for years. I just don't want to get embroiled any more in meaningless arguments and point scoring with a bunch of people I don't know and mostly don't wish to know... :2xGay:

If anyone is interested in buying NFS:The Run off me then all it would take is a small donation to my friends charity.Hope for Georgia

Lol! Far from it, I'm happier now than I've been for years. I just don't want to get embroiled any more in meaningless arguments and point scoring with a bunch of people I don't know and mostly don't wish to know... :2xGay:

FWIW you made great arguments even if it made me wanna kill myself reading them! :p

Good heavens, is there an Englishman playing Madden on here?

Indeed, I've played it since about Madden 98. The latest version is pretty damned good, I like the Connected Careers approach to playing a Franchise, I like the way you progress your players and coach. Adds an element of RPG to the Franchise Mode. The gameplay and presentation are also better than I can remember. It's a quality sports game and should be the benchmark by which all other sports games are judged IMO.

I had a Madden game a couple years back, found the game play pretty fun but i didn't see anyway to progress your player in the career mode, the only thing i found that got close was doing the training before games, you earned points that you could add onto individuals stats but the improvements were only temporary. You didn't actually have to train to earn the points either, successful passes/plays in games would reward them too and unsuccessful ones would take the points away.

I had a Madden game a couple years back, found the game play pretty fun but i didn't see anyway to progress your player in the career mode, the only thing i found that got close was doing the training before games, you earned points that you could add onto individuals stats but the improvements were only temporary. You didn't actually have to train to earn the points either, successful passes/plays in games would reward them too and unsuccessful ones would take the points away.

In the latest version, your players earn XP for achieving certain goals, which you then can spend on improving their skills. You can select which skills to spend them on and you can save them for the things that require huge amounts of XP like making your player more consistent or making them a 'clutch' player who always performs better at crucial times in games and the season. It's a really good system and rewards you for getting all of your players involved in the game at different times rather than always relying on one or two players as some people tend to do. Your coach earns XP in a similar way, and this can be used for purchasing such things as positional 'upgrades' which make players at the position you upgrade earn XP much faster, or XP can be spent on making it easier to negotiate for players at a selected position in free agency or improving how many scouting points you earn each week to scout the rookie draft class. It's a superb system, and the rookie scouting is fantastic. This is definitely the most in depth and all encompassing sports game I've ever played, if you have any interest in the NFL you should own it. If you have any interest in seeing how a good sports game should be done you should own it.

In the latest version, your players earn XP for achieving certain goals, which you then can spend on improving their skills. You can select which skills to spend them on and you can save them for the things that require huge amounts of XP like making your player more consistent or making them a 'clutch' player who always performs better at crucial times in games and the season. It's a really good system and rewards you for getting all of your players involved in the game at different times rather than always relying on one or two players as some people tend to do. Your coach earns XP in a similar way, and this can be used for purchasing such things as positional 'upgrades' which make players at the position you upgrade earn XP much faster, or XP can be spent on making it easier to negotiate for players at a selected position in free agency or improving how many scouting points you earn each week to scout the rookie draft class. It's a superb system, and the rookie scouting is fantastic. This is definitely the most in depth and all encompassing sports game I've ever played, if you have any interest in the NFL you should own it. If you have any interest in seeing how a good sports game should be done you should own it.

If i still had my dodgy Xbox and the joy of £3 games i'd definitely give it a try but i dont really have the interest in or understanding of NFL to justify spending £40 on it i dont think, maybe if i'm still struggling to clear out the Game card i have then i'll give it a try. I tend to prefer the 'solo' player modes on sports games recently though, think i tried that on whichever Madden i had before and found it a little repetitive, always in the same position trying to block some guy off on every play.

I gave the new Madden demo a go a couple days ago. I had the same problem I always have. I suck at defence. Not knowing the controls never helps but It's always just a button mash and hope I get a tackle in. It plays well on offence and looks a good game but I wish they just get straight to the next play sometimes. They make it too much like the TV coverage for my liking of a game. I feel the same about all sports games though. PES and FIFA with it's replays. I'll choose if I want a replay thank you because most the time it's never from a great angle and I end up doing it manually If I really want to see it. Just let me carry on the game without having to press a button skip something I don't want to watch. Watching the substitutions I've made especially. I know who's coming on, I made the changes!.

I'm on a slight Skyrim holiday having just started Mass Effect 3 (which is just brilliant - I love this series).

Will hopefully be starting ME3 myself this week. Picked it up for cheap on Origin and it finally gave me the incentive to get round to finishing ME2 on PC. Just got 1 more loyalty mission to do before I head to the last missions then it's onto ME3.

Anyone going to the Eurogamer thing at the end of the month? http://www.eurogamer.net/expo/whats-on Looking forward to giving Colonial Marines, Sim City, Tomb Raider and Prison Architect a blast.

Currently enjoying Brutal Legend (good fun for a few quid) and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

F1 2012, FIFA 2013 and Black Ops 2 all preordered.

And I TRADED IN MW3. (Me trading in a CoD game before the next one is released is unheard of. But it's definitely the shittest one yet).

And I TRADED IN MW3. (Me trading in a CoD game before the next one is released is unheard of. But it's definitely the shittest one yet).

MW3 was gash and made me realise I was just wasting my money on the CoD games. The missus bought it me for Christmas and I'd finished it on Boxing Day, so I won't be bothering with them any more.

I'm presuming you don't play them online?

In which case they're definitely not worth bothering with.

I'm presuming you don't play them online?

In which case they're definitely not worth bothering with.

I'm still on it :facepalm:

Played it all year since it came out last November, I will stop when Fifa comes out in 2 weeks - I haven't had it for about 7 years! I played it Saturday and loved it.

I borrowed it from a mate purely so I could find out what happens in the campaign, did that which was really short then completed all the spec ops missions. The game is really meh.

Back