• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Played the new Cod today at Game in Preston. Was not impressed fealt like the same as every other version ive played

The person who I share Xbox live with is getting it so looks like I'll have to give it a crack.

Microsoft just bankrupted me last night. I am now ready for Red Dead 2 with the ultimate edition...

What extras on the Ultimate this time (apart from the goody bag of swag that is bound to be there)? Any extra content to speak of?

Pre-ordered RDR2. I haven't gone for the Ultimate edition though. Just too much cash for me at the moment.

the game's engine is so realistic that the testicles of male horses will shrink up in cold weather

Not sure what to think here

I bought Modern Warfare Remastered absolutely ages ago for a tenner so last night I thought I'd dig it out and finish off the campaign.

After that I thought I'd dip into multiplayer for nostalgia's sake - got to be a decade since I last played it. I haven't lost it - it's amazing just how well I immediately remembered all the maps. But fucking hell it's such a well balanced, fun shooter. I had a brilliant time and a 'quick match for nostalgia's sake' turned into a bit of a session and I didn't get to bed til gone 2am!

The killstreak rewards are simple, there's no exo suits, wall jumping or shite like that, there were no annoying griefers in the lobby, it looks so good with the remastered visuals. Just a great night's gaming that took me right back to those care free evenings before I had kids!

Yeah it's still easily the best out of the entire series.

It appears that the RDR 2 map is fucking ginormous.

Here's a leaked image:

unel4euq0st11.jpg

And here's how it measures up to the map from the original RDR:

LtMYc2V.jpg

No wonder it's 100GB to install!

With the speed it takes to install I think I may get to play the game on Sunday but only if it is delivered before 8am on Friday!

Just started Assassins Creed Odyssey. It's much more of an open world RPG than previous AC games, without quite being a full blown RPG. It is superb, loads of depth and beautiful to look at, with typical AC combat with some wrinkles. I'm only a few hours in so how I'm going to cope with this and Red Dead 2 when it arrives on Friday/Saturday (depending on Amazon delivery) is going to be some dilemma...

Just started Assassins Creed Odyssey. It's much more of an open world RPG than previous AC games, without quite being a full blown RPG. It is superb, loads of depth and beautiful to look at, with typical AC combat with some wrinkles. I'm only a few hours in so how I'm going to cope with this and Red Dead 2 when it arrives on Friday/Saturday (depending on Amazon delivery) is going to be some dilemma...

I've got a question for you!

I love the AC games but haven't played one in a while. I'm not that far into Unity, I've got Syndicate waiting on my Xbox but haven't started it yet.

Do I need to play those 2 to fully appreciate Odyssey? Because it's Ancient Greece - it looks amazing!! Much better than stupid bloody France or stuffy, grubby London.

I don't think you'll need to have played the others, it's pretty much a stand alone game. It's set further back in time than Origins even, which is the story of how the Assassins came to be. In it you're a mercenary really rather than assassin. And it's definitely more RPG than other AC games. It has as much in common with say The Witcher as it does AC. Which is a good thing.

Awesome. I studied Ancient Greece for my degree, so I'm hoping it'll be the 4k mega version of AC: Brotherhood, which was set in Rome.

In other news, it looks like I'll be upgrading to the Xbox One X very soon. Which is very exciting.

i liked the look of the ancient greece one as well. is it based on greek myth or do they throw in clockwork birds and bastardise the story like in clash of the titans?

i am contemplating RDR2 just to get away from playing guns of glory. god knows why i started that.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I never actually got fully in to the first RDR. I actually picked up a copy dirt cheap in Game a couple of months ago to try and play through it again, so I was fully up to speed for the release of RDR2 (as all of my mates keep banging on about how amazing it is) - but again, I didn't get on with it very well and lost interest quickly (there's only so much racing around on a horse you can do - plus it looks very dated).

HOWEVER, I've read a lot about RDR2 and I loved GTA (still play it), so I'm going to get it and see how it goes. 100gb to install though? FS.

I've only played a few hours and most of that has been side quests triggered by bumping into non player characters, so I don't know for certain how much Greek Myth is in the game, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a fair bit, at least in terms of reference if not actual quests. I don't think you're going to fight the Minotaur or Medusa or anything like that (I may be wrong) but I also think it is going to stick closely to being accurate in terms of the time period so can't imagine clockwork birds or things like that being in it.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I never actually got fully in to the first RDR. I actually picked up a copy dirt cheap in Game a couple of months ago to try and play through it again, so I was fully up to speed for the release of RDR2 (as all of my mates keep banging on about how amazing it is) - but again, I didn't get on with it very well and lost interest quickly (there's only so much racing around on a horse you can do - plus it looks very dated).

HOWEVER, I've read a lot about RDR2 and I loved GTA (still play it), so I'm going to get it and see how it goes. 100gb to install though? FS.

I bloody love RDR. I thought it was exceptional - the atmosphere and setting were spot on. The moment when you first ride into Mexico with Jose Gonzales playing in the background is one of the highlights of the past 15 years of gaming. Magical. It was also a great storyline.

I would call you odd but that'd be hypocritical because bizarrely, I never warmed to GTA 4 but I hold GTA 5 in the same esteem as RDR. I don't know why!!

Definitely getting RDR 2.

The start of Red Dead is slow...very slow but it builds up nicely. The mission where you cross the river is immense and one my favourite bits of gaming ever.

Also the death of the main character (fuck spoiler alerts on this, the game is years old) cut me deep man. I had spent hours building that mans character (and picking flowers) and then the fuckers kill him

Back