• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I don't think I ever got very far into RDR but still remember it quite fondly, perhaps got distracted by another game that came out not long after. Only real annoyance I can remember was the cougars, motherfuckers used to tear me up whenever I crossed a bit of uncharted desert.

Thinking about it my record with big open world games generally isn't great, put a lot of time in on Skyrim and the last Fallout but barely laid a glove on the main storyline of either, just get distracted and wander off doing other things constantly.

I don't think I ever got very far into RDR but still remember it quite fondly, perhaps got distracted by another game that came out not long after. Only real annoyance I can remember was the cougars, motherfuckers used to tear me up whenever I crossed a bit of uncharted desert.

Thinking about it my record with big open world games generally isn't great, put a lot of time in on Skyrim and the last Fallout but barely laid a glove on the main storyline of either, just get distracted and wander off doing other things constantly.

that translates as 'you didn't put nearly enough time in' :)

I caved. Ordered a Xbox One X with Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7 and RDR 2 Special edition - £399.99 from Amazon.

Thought it was a glitch as the bundle without RDR 2 was about £50 more!!

Very excited now.

RDR2 getting full Mark's from nearly every review with an average of 97/100 on metacritic.

My favourite review:

Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't just a great game. It's a game that sets an impossibly high new bar for how open-worlds can be handled. Its depiction of late 19th-century America feels both historically accurate yet abundantly open-ended, slow-paced and yet alive, grim and yet majestic. It makes the original Red Dead Redemption feel like a warm-up, the doodles on the page before the real thing has come to life.

I caved. Ordered a Xbox One X with Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7 and RDR 2 Special edition - £399.99 from Amazon.

Thought it was a glitch as the bundle without RDR 2 was about £50 more!!

Very excited now.

Have you got a link Langers?

I can’t see it.

RDR2 getting full Mark's from nearly every review with an average of 97/100 on metacritic.

My favourite review:

Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't just a great game. It's a game that sets an impossibly high new bar for how open-worlds can be handled. Its depiction of late 19th-century America feels both historically accurate yet abundantly open-ended, slow-paced and yet alive, grim and yet majestic. It makes the original Red Dead Redemption feel like a warm-up, the doodles on the page before the real thing has come to life.
This review - https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2018/10/25/red-dead-redemption-2-review makes me very excited for tomorrow.

I was just about to post that.

It looks remarkable.

Graphics comparison:

compare168e1t.png

compare26ufpk.png

The X version looks a fuckload better - I really can't wait to load it up tomorrow!

giphy.webp

You do need a 4K TV for the One X version to look that good though don't you? I'd read without a 4K TV it looks pretty much the same as the One S.

WHat time will the game unlock?

Wondering whether to stay up till midnight...

You do need a 4K TV for the One X version to look that good though don't you? I'd read without a 4K TV it looks pretty much the same as the One S.

Yeah. But its so worth it. Ive been playing a lot of Forza Horizon recently and its incredibly smmoth and detailed.

Yes - although it also runs a lot smoother and quicker than the One S, it's not worth upgrading unless you've the 4k to fully appreciate it.

WHat time will the game unlock?

Wondering whether to stay up till midnight...

Should be midnight as I am pretty sure Asda and the like will be selling it at that time so the first customers will get home with physical copies shortly afterward.

Thats it settled then. COuple of hours before bed, then tomorrow night Im booting the missus off the telly for a full on fest.

what kind of person buys a an xbox built for VR and also doesn't have a 4k tv

are grandpas with an old dial-box set trying to run call of duty at max res?

Back