• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I’ve just bought Elder Scrolls Online for £4 from CEX.
I never play MMOs but it was cheap and I’ve been told there is a lot of single player content.
So I’ll give it a go.

Anybody else played it?

I’ve just bought Elder Scrolls Online for £4 from CEX.
I never play MMOs but it was cheap and I’ve been told there is a lot of single player content.
So I’ll give it a go.

Anybody else played it?
Haven't done myself but I hear good things.

I've dived into Telltale: Batman The Enemy Within (aka season2). It's good, though I get the feeling playing too many Telltale games would become a little dull as the gameplay is all quick time stuff.

Downloaded the World Cup update on FIFA 18.

It looks nice enough, but it feels really half arsed in places. England start with Joe Hart in goal and Jake fucking Livermore on the bench. You'd have thought they'd at least have sorted the squads out! Maybe there'll be a further update as the tournament approaches?

Some of the commentary is incredibly lazy too. During the build up to the England v Panama match, Martin Tyler informed me that it's a bitter rivalry with many famous battles over the years. Despite this being the very first time we've played them?

Ah well, it's good that it's free I suppose. And Jordan Henderson was totally anonymous in my lacklustre opening 1-0 win over Tunisia so I suppose it's not wholly unrealistic.

If it doesn't make them money they don't care

I'll buy whatever it is. Just wish it was by obsidian, not bethesda.

I'll buy whatever it is. Just wish it was by obsidian, not bethesda.

Heard a rumour that it's an online MMO survival game. If so then my interest has dropped about 94%.

... I'll still play it, like a chump.

my all time favorite series, so kind of a sucker for any/everything they put out. whether I'd play it long term is another question. honestly if it were an MMO though, even though I try not to play those, I'd be curious to see just *how* it was implemented. the world doesn't really seem mmo-friendly. but then I'm not very imaginative.

edit -- oh derp misread, MMO survival (not mmorpg). so like PubG, DayZ, etc. that would be super meh.

... I'll still play it, like a chump.

my all time favorite series, so kind of a sucker for any/everything they put out. whether I'd play it long term is another question. honestly if it were an MMO though, even though I try not to play those, I'd be curious to see just *how* it was implemented. the world doesn't really seem mmo-friendly. but then I'm not very imaginative.

edit -- oh derp misread, MMO survival (not mmorpg). so like PubG, DayZ, etc. that would be super meh.

Yeah, something akin to Rust is what my mate has said (he's not itk, just read it somewhere from someone who claims to be a little itk).

I went back on Sea of Thieves last night as there's a time limited special campaign on at the moment so thought I'd give it a go.

It's a very, very unique game in that it really doesn't have much in terms of content (yet) but even after a few weeks away from it, it's INSANELY good fun when it's at it's best. Even on your own sailing into a sunset - you're not doing anything per se, it's just so relaxing and looks so utterly gorgeous.

PessimisticWavyKrill-size_restricted.gif

Using teamwork to blast the fuck out of another ship is a bit awesome too.

I love it.

Seems an acquired taste but I can see the appeal, don’t have an Xbox though!

In other news I got a Switch a couple of weeks ago and have played nothing but Zelda since. Barely scratched the surface though!

It's on PC too - cross platform play as well.

God I love that Zelda game. Sheer quality.

I've been playing Zelda for months and still.have loads to do. It's spectacular.

I've still not completed it yet! I really don't want to.

I love that I don’t really know what I’m doing, wandering round and exploring and looking for shrines until I get my arse kicked by something way more powerful than I am capable of dealing with so I turn around and go the other way!

Back