• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Ocarina of time on Master Level is very challenging but brilliant.

Ocarina of time is the best zelda by a long way.

I was going to preorder a switch but the £279 price tag has put me off buying one especially with how the wii u turned out.

I actually preferred Wind Waker to OOT.

As for the Wii U, it's a fantastic console - doesn't really matter how well its sold if you want a decent platform with a host of top titles. Only real issue is that it's dying and there won't be many more games made for it.

Zelda will probably be the last 'new' game I get for it - then it'll be going back through the back catalogue.

Right on cue - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/03/02/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review

In fact - here's a list of review scores. And some of these websites are notoriously stingy:

EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10

Bloody ridiculous!!

Seeing that and Horizon advertised on the same page really annoys me as an XBox owner!

Seeing that and Horizon advertised on the same page really annoys me as an XBox owner!
Mass Effect Andromeda is out very soon too.

Fortunately I've got all 3 systems. But definitely not enough money to buy all these games!

How so?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just don't particularly enjoy that kind of game, or genre. Same with films - not a fan of Sci-Fi as a genre at all, but am aware that's blasphemy on here with the amount of geeks that post :icon_lol:

I absolutely hated the Final Fantasy series as well, which scored through the roof with most websites/reviews. As I say, just a personal preference really - I'm aware they are massively popular.

When throwing the word geek around with abandon, remember that i saw you in the front rows at a Wrestling show...

My favourite genre in gaming is driving now. Love Forza online and in GTA 4 I carded 5 top 5 lap times in the world online.

I couldn't get to grips with the HD

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did anyone else play The Last Guardian? I finished it recently and thought it was really good. There are some irritating bits to it- fiddly controls and camera movement plus constant little control hints that are completely unnecessary - but it looks stunning and I found it a compelling story. Trico (your big flying dog creature companion) is a brilliant creation, I found myself really caring about him.

Really looking forward to getting Horizon when I've got through a couple more of my games list. Trying to ignore Zelda stuff because I can't get it!

How is Motorsport Manager mate? I'm still tempted (even though I have silly amounts of unplayed games as it is)

How is Motorsport Manager mate? I'm still tempted (even though I have silly amounts of unplayed games as it is)

I really like it, put quite a few hours into it. It's not as in depth as it maybe appears to begin with but it's a lot more fleshed out than the mobile version. I'm on my 4th season I think, moved up to the next tier up and I think there's still 2 more after that. Have overstretched my money on my drivers and engineers and stuff atm though so I can't make money during the season so I can't improve my car which is annoying.

I really like it, put quite a few hours into it. It's not as in depth as it maybe appears to begin with but it's a lot more fleshed out than the mobile version. I'm on my 4th season I think, moved up to the next tier up and I think there's still 2 more after that. Have overstretched my money on my drivers and engineers and stuff atm though so I can't make money during the season so I can't improve my car which is annoying.

I love the ipad version of this, there's something mesmeric about watching dots travel around a circuit.

A dude I kind of know (friend of a friend really) posts on a gaming forum and put this quick Zelda review up:

It's special. I got it at about 1pm, was nearly late to pick my kids up from school at 3:15 (having last glanced at the clock at about 2). Got them to play games in their room, then my girlfriend got home and I realised it was 7 and I hadn't made them dinner. Made a super easy meal which I bolted down and let them eat in their room, spent an hour with my girlfriend before she got tired because she had work early today and does again tomorrow. I've just spent another 4 hours playing.

It's immense. I followed the (fairly loose) path for an hour or so, then when it suggested I turn back I just kept going. I'm now way, way out of my depth, getting killed in one hit and having to run from everything. I've seen some beautiful things, and whilst I've been promising myself I'd go back to the starting areas to fight and stock up, I'm just pushing onwards into the wilderness. I crest a huge mountain and find that I've looped round myself somehow and am back near the early areas, viewing them from miles above and picking out the places I recognise

There's a weird feeling to it. Nintendo basically invented the templates for 3D games with Mario 64 and OOT and for years theirs seemed like the best games. Starting with GTA3 there's been a shift, where their games were the most refined, but other people have been pushing at the edges of what's possible with a controller while they were touching and waggling about, letting Zelda become a vehicle for their new control mechanisms. Wind Waker was the last really massive Zelda world, and it compromised a lot to create its scale. Skyward Sword pulled a similar trick, but it was easy to see through. This feels like Ocarina did when I was ten, an impossibly massive world just packed with possibilities.

It feels like they've watched every development in open world games for the last twenty years, rolled up their sleeves and bettered every one of them. If you like exploring, it's an absolute masterpiece from the start. If you love open world games, this is going to be an experience like no other.

Sounds like Hereford's perfect game!!

A dude I kind of know (friend of a friend really) posts on a gaming forum and put this quick Zelda review up:

Sounds like Hereford's perfect game!!

You're so right Langers!
I wonder if I could hire a Switch for a few days?

The Breath of wind is absolutely amazing! The system seems to nintendo stepping up from the wii U and the 3ds at the same time with the switch. The tablet screen is really nice even running at 720p but the battery life is only about 2 hours.

Also the controller buttons and joysticks are really really small.

Back