• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Been giving motorsport manager another go, I'm warming to it but I'm finding myself really struggling in races. Last 2 races I've been miles ahead in practise, qualified decently but then really struggled on race day, doesn't seem to matter what I try and so strategy wise either.
Then the very next race I had a shit practice because I kept going out on the wrong tyres but then managed to secure a 1-2 finish in the race because I managed to scrape through with only 2 stops timed perfectly with weather changes.

Then the very next race I had a shit practice because I kept going out on the wrong tyres but then managed to secure a 1-2 finish in the race because I managed to scrape through with only 2 stops timed perfectly with weather changes.

It's pretty satisfying if you get the strategy right, although sometimes the AI make extra pit stops that make no sense. I reached a point where I was meant to have a good car that I was constantly improving but never actually getting any closer to the top 5/6 in races.

Started a new game this weekend with a created team so you basically have nothing and I'm haemorrhaging money each race. Planning to spend as much as possible on next years car

It's pretty satisfying if you get the strategy right, although sometimes the AI make extra pit stops that make no sense. I reached a point where I was meant to have a good car that I was constantly improving but never actually getting any closer to the top 5/6 in races.

Started a new game this weekend with a created team so you basically have nothing and I'm haemorrhaging money each race. Planning to spend as much as possible on next years car
I started to get a bit better, think I was running my tyres too close to their limits and so losing a load of time on the last few laps before pitting. Was perhaps over using the higher intensitys a bit too, tried easing off a bit to see if I could drag it out and skip a pit stop and got some better results.

Does it make much difference what duration you set the races? I just went for medium for this free version to get a feel for it.

I started to get a bit better, think I was running my tyres too close to their limits and so losing a load of time on the last few laps before pitting. Was perhaps over using the higher intensitys a bit too, tried easing off a bit to see if I could drag it out and skip a pit stop and got some better results.

Does it make much difference what duration you set the races? I just went for medium for this free version to get a feel for it.

Don't think so, I've done long and short races and it seems to scale appropriately so I'm doing 15 lap races with 2 pit stops at the moment

It's an absolute disaster of a game when it comes to being lapped. On a track that is just over a minute long, my drivers were losing 12s a lap to the next car up the road when the frontrunners catch you up. Absolute horseshit. Race strategy absolutely ruined over the course of a single lap.

Yeah the lapping thing is a problem, once you get stuck at the back you're screwed. The last patch did help with bribe able to unlap yourself of you were faster instead of just sitting behind or letting them back through straight away

I can't remember having much of an issue with being blue flagged, though I often tended to ignore whichever driver was that far down other than making sure they didn't run out of fuel.

This game :icon_lol:

Start in 11th and 12th which is just about the best my car can do in qualifying.

First lap, hammered into by some knob which means I lose my rear wing. Trundle back to the pits for a lap, pit and then look to do a long stint as I can see that rain is coming. Works OK and I'm on course to take advantage of the long stint as others have to pit before the rain arrives so the disadvantage of having to do two stops is somewhat negated.

And then - final corner before the pit straight the same utter dick knocks the front wing off my car which I then can't change as I've already opted to pit on that lap and had no time to cancel. So I have to pit for inters and then do another lap without a front wing before pitting again losing shed loads of time. It's then topped off by the mechanics making yet another balls up and taking 30s just to replace the wing. Brilliant stuff.

That's before I even mention the second driver who without fail is 20th after the first lap of every race when starting 12th/13th. Some going.

NBA2K17 is a superb game by the way. Micro just took the Detroit Pistons to the title last night. Only got 83 points in the final game.

Just to be clear I would be absolutely fucking shit at it, but it looks awesome.

Only sport game I can play is Tiger Woods golf.

NBA2K17 is a superb game by the way. Micro just took the Detroit Pistons to the title last night. Only got 83 points in the final game.

Just to be clear I would be absolutely fucking shit at it, but it looks awesome.

Only sport game I can play is Tiger Woods golf.

Have you tried Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR? I downloaded it from EA Access, it's not as bad as I thought it might be. I dislike golf as a sport, but as a game, I love playing it for some reason.

A heads up for anyone with Xbox Live Gold - Ryse is one of the free games this month. Which is basically Gladiator: The Game. It was one of the launch titles for the console Mega violent but looks really impressive. It gets repetitive fairly quickly but for free, it's a very enjoyable stabby-death-kill-maim style romp.

I'm old now I can't play COD anymore. I'm open to ridicule lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Me too. I haven't played it online since around Black Ops 2.

Yeah I think Blops 2 was the last CoD game I played loads online. I had Advanced Warfare but it was just daft. It just stopped being fun and was massively OTT.

Battlefield 1 is the best MP shooter I've played in years - top quality game and the simplicity of the weapons helps it a lot.

For 3 years straight all I played was CoD (MW2, BO, MW3). Then FIFA Ultimate Team. Now I'm glad to play a mix of a few games.

The last decent Cod was Black ops after then they went rather silly and repetitive.

Zelda Breath of the Wild may honestly be my favourite game of all time. It's THAT good.

An epic game is one when you totally stray away from the main quest and before you know it you've spent several hours pottering around doing nothing of consequence as far as the actual story is concerned, but it's still been bloody good fun and not a second of that time feels wasted.

Skyrim is good for this, GTA V as well (both in my top 5) but this actually beats both - it's a masterpiece.

I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn, it's visually stunning and the game play is really fluid. The only thing that lets it down is the voice acting and reuse of character skins in side quests. Either way it's very enjoyable game, its maybe got an outside chance of a top 10 fav, unlikely to hit top 5 though!

Top 5:
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
GTA V
Need for Speed: underground

Back