• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Damn kids and your open world games...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn, it's visually stunning and the game play is really fluid. The only thing that lets it down is the voice acting and reuse of character skins in side quests. Either way it's very enjoyable game, its maybe got an outside chance of a top 10 fav, unlikely to hit top 5 though!

Top 5:
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
GTA V
Need for Speed: underground

Top 5:
Witcher 3
Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
Oblivion
Fallout 4

I love those open world games!

Damn kids and your open world games...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well if I have to provide a top 5 mins open world game list...

In no particular order:

Limbo
Sonic 3
Championship Manager 98/99
COD MW2
Fifa

Gosh - what would mine be?

Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto V
Mass Effect 2

Meaning the likes of Batman Arkham City, Streets of Rage 2, Star Wars KOTOR, Super Mario Galaxy, Lego Dimensions, Streetfighter 2, Battlefield 1 and Shadow of Mordor all miss out.

Zelda definitely in at number 1 for me. It just gets better the more I play it - I'm 60 hours in and I've no idea how much more there is to see - I'm still to unlock a huge section of the map in the North West for instance and have spent the last 5 hours exploring a section I thought I'd finished. But then found another 4 shrines and several new side quests. When you do discover a new location, it's always stunningly well designed. Just the very highest quality in every aspect of the game.

Also saw the reveal of the new Call of Duty game last night. Pet hate: game 'trailers' which are basically a few cut scenes fading to black every 15 seconds. It's a game, not a fucking movie - just show us some gameplay FFS!! Just some info on it being authentic, actual real life weapons, atmospheric, 'back to Call of Duty's roots' *whatever the hell that means) etc etc etc. So as a result, there is precisely nothing of note to discuss from it whatsoever. Total waste of time - I guess we'll have to wait til E3 for some actual information.

Skyrim
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Far Cry 4
GTA V

Honourable mentions for all the Bioshock games and all the Lego games too.

My 5 would probably be:

Runescape
Super Smash Bros: Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
California Games
Pokémon Red/Blue

Might look a bit hipster but it isn't, I'm just not much of a proper gamer and haven't played many big modern titles. Also, I've played all those within the last couple of years.

My 5 would probably be:

Runescape
Super Smash Bros: Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
California Games
Pokémon Red/Blue

Might look a bit hipster but it isn't, I'm just not much of a proper gamer and haven't played many big modern titles. Also, I've played all those within the last couple of years.

I love Runescape. If I start playing it I can get lost in it all day.

Anyone tried Super Hot?

Such a simple simple concept. Basically the world only moves when you do as you negotiate various levels trying to kill everyone in them. Ridiculously addictive game.

Was hoping to get a few on GTA 5 online for some racing or whatever. Any takers one day ?

Will be online a few evenings this week

Them bloody stunt tracks are insane. I hadnt played online since the 360 days and had most of the tracks down to a fine art. Im having to start from scratch again..

Them bloody stunt tracks are insane. I hadnt played online since the 360 days and had most of the tracks down to a fine art. Im having to start from scratch again..

I am basically fooking shit at them. I tried the Stunt Tracks where the cars are fitted with rocket fuel...........my start was epic. Shot forward and then went to my right and off the track and down into the City. Haven't done one of them since.

I didnt know you had a bloody rocket and was wondering was I was first on the grid then last. Also the steeplechase stunt tracks, I wondered how the fuck I got over the fence...

The best stunt races are found by just going to the Pink Logo on the online map. Some great ones, for the bikes - Big M, Around the Docks and Trench III and for cars - Plummet, Green Machine and Lift Off.

I basically spend my time calling everyone else a cunt for their dirty tactics and when I try it, it is still me taht ends up off the track or facing the wrong way. I need to go up 3 more levels to get the next decent engine upgrade for my custom vehicles. Then I miight stand a chance...might

I havent looked into anything regarding upgrades. Im basically a newbie again because they have added so much since playing on the 360.

Are the mics wireless now, plus whats the best ones.

No idea from me on that. Don't speak to no one online so have no mic....does my head in that at random times I have to listen to the brain dead waffle of some Yank yoof or wannabe gangster

If it's on Xbox One, I'd jump on.
GT is Wanderers89 if anyone wants to add me

I havent looked into anything regarding upgrades. Im basically a newbie again because they have added so much since playing on the 360.

Are the mics wireless now, plus whats the best ones.

I've got the bog standard mic and no, it's not wireless. It's much better though - the sound quality is a lot clearer.

Back