• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Bloody hell that's expensive for upgrading your current console. I've got the same stance with the Ps4 pro no need to upgrade my current ps4 when it's running just fine.

Console killer.

I don't think it's expensive for what you get. The likes of Forza and Gears will look stunning in 4k, as well as whatever other games there are to come.

Pointless console upgrades midcycle are a console killer. Thought the same with the Ps4 Pro.

Rather have amazing gameplay and Hd graphics than having 4k graphics and shit gameplay

Pointless console upgrades midcycle are a console killer. Thought the same with the Ps4 Pro.

Rather have amazing gameplay and Hd graphics than having 4k graphics and shit gameplay
Parts wise, this is better than the Pro. As for gameplay, that's yet to be seen.
Although we all know what Forza and Gears are like.
Anthem looks like a good game, as does Sea of Thieves.

One big thing I think let's Xbox down is the lack of good exclusives, that's the only thing holding them back IMO.

Fair point, I think the lack of decent exclusives on either console is hurting both consoles. I remember opening my ps3 and getting Motorstorm and

Granted the new Xbox does look good and power is power but the price point is too high considering we're apparently only 2 years from the next console.

I do prefer the PS exclusives but not gonna fork out £200 to play Ratchet and Uncharted.

I've not seen anything about a new console in a couple of years? As far as Xbox are concerned, One X is a premium console, so if you want to play in 4k, get this, if not then stick with your One S.

I don't have a 4K telly so it'd be pointless me getting either of the premium consoles. I don't think the prices are too bad considering the hardware - you pay more for 4k, it's fair enough IMO.

I was playing Ratchet and Clank with my son yesterday and even in HD on my 32" screen, it's bloody gorgeous. And I'll be picking up Horizon tomorrow - 4K is nice and all that, but it's not exactly essential. Still LOADS of life left in the standard consoles.

Anyway, the best 'exclusive' title of recent years is Zelda.....

I'm just a sucker for new tech TBF. I like having at least tried the new stuff even though I can't fully utilise it.
It does upscale 1080p so it will look better than normal but it's not worth £450.

Ratchet is quite possibly my favourite game franchise. They've all been fantastic, and their innuendo titles.

Never got the fuss for Zelda but can appreciate that other like it, same goes for Halo.

The xbox One S upscales to 4k too and plays media at 4k, but doesn't do games.

I was never really sold on 4k until I watched the F1 in 4k yesterday - it looked amazing. Can't justify the One X yet, but if it comes down in price in a years time I will get it.

The xbox One S upscales to 4k too and plays media at 4k, but doesn't do games.

I was never really sold on 4k until I watched the F1 in 4k yesterday - it looked amazing. Can't justify the One X yet, but if it comes down in price in a years time I will get it.
I saw something in 4k when I was in Currys, and the picture​ was stupidly good, been sold on it since.
To have games looking like that, especially ones that already look good in Forza and Gears, then bring it on as far as I'm concerned.

I'd imagine there will be deals around, probably around £425.
I'm hoping there will be one where you trade in your One S and get the One X cheaper.

I've just looked through some E3 footage, and the standout HAS to be the new Spiderman game for the PS4, which looks like it could be the Spiderman equivalent of Arkham Asylum. It looks RIDICULOUS:

I've just looked through some E3 footage, and the standout HAS to be the new Spiderman game for the PS4, which looks like it could be the Spiderman equivalent of Arkham Asylum. It looks RIDICULOUS:

that. looks. EPIC!

Fair point, I think the lack of decent exclusives on either console is hurting both consoles. I remember opening my ps3 and getting Motorstorm and

Granted the new Xbox does look good and power is power but the price point is too high considering we're apparently only 2 years from the next console.

PS4 are not lacking exclusives. Nioh, Nier Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn this year have been massive.

Bloody hell - Horizon Zero Dawn is rather special isn't it?

Probably the best looking game I've ever seen. Plays rather well too. Just wish I had a bigger telly!!

The highlight of E3 for me is the south park announcements... and Super Mario Odyssey of course.

Gave up on South Park and spent the 55 quid vouchers I had on other things!! Who do they think they are, Dr Dre

Consoles are moving in the wrong direction, IMO. Refresh rate and FPS are far more gratifying than resolution.

Once you've played something at ~144Hz it is nearly impossible to go back to 60Hz. That the XBX and PSPro will probably stretch their hardware too far to even maintain 30FPS at 4k makes the whole half-generation leap not worth it.

Nope, didn't understand a word of that.

Nope, didn't understand a word of that.

Basically, smooth gameplay should be the focus. Even the most powerful PC graphics cards struggle at 4k.

Back