• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Losing my life to Crash Bandicoot at the moment. Although I'm not as good at it as I remember...

I wasn't that fussed by Crash Bandicoot the first time around TBH - always thought it was massively overrated. Nowhere near as good as Mario or Sonic.

True though!! The following are all better than the Bandicoot:

Sonic
Mario
Rayman Legends
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong
Bug
LittleBigPlanet
Ratchet and Clank

Banjo Kazooie is a proper 3D adventure. For being the same era as Mario 64 the difference couldn't be greater.

One of my all time favorites.

Banjo Kazooie is a proper 3D adventure. For being the same era as Mario 64 the difference couldn't be greater.

One of my all time favorites.

Then then ruined it on the Xbox 360

I adored Crash but I was like 6 when the first one came to PlayStation so that probably helps.

Never really tired B+K. Have the full set on my Xbox One tbf as my mate who I 'share' with bought it, just never tried it.

I think the best recent platformer (aside from Mario) is Rayman Legends. It's amazing!

Got it for free as well when it was on Games With Gold a while back.

Banjo Kazooie was awesome, I also really liked the Donkey Kong one they did in the same style with all the different characters. Mario 64 is still one of my all time favourites.

Been playing OS Runescape this weekend. After 13 years it still manages to suck me in periodically. Piece of crap haha :icon_biggrin:

I just bought Metal Gear Solid V for £7.

Well, I'm about 10 hours in and what a great game. Not my normal sort of game but so much to see and do, so many options and systems to play with.....just fantastic entertainment.

I'm not sure I'll play it to the bitter end because these sort of games are not my forte, but I know I'm going to get forty or fifty hours of great fun out of it.

Nabbed the first two Fallout games (as well as New Vegas) for something like £7.

Having never played a Fallout game, I'm really excited to start digging into them.

Fallout 2 was (is?) my favorite game of all time. NV is much more entertaining than the 3rd (IMO), so you chose well. How'd you enjoy them?

I just bought Metal Gear Solid V for £7.

Well, I'm about 10 hours in and what a great game. Not my normal sort of game but so much to see and do, so many options and systems to play with.....just fantastic entertainment.

I'm not sure I'll play it to the bitter end because these sort of games are not my forte, but I know I'm going to get forty or fifty hours of great fun out of it.

A lot of the side stuff is distracting but unnecessary. You can stick with the (weird and stupid) main story and get through pretty easily. I think it's like 35 missions? And the last few are repeats.

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is free on Xbox Live Games With Gold at the mo. That's this morning's activity sorted!

Lego Pirates was probably the first game I got absolute 100% on. Either that or Bioshock - it was around the same time.

I remember I had to find out a code from the back of the lego pirate ship box set to get the final character as there is no way to get him in-game without it.

Thinking about getting a PS4 pro so I can play Bloodborne and Horizon. Any have any thoughts about the system as a whole?

Back