• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

After the excitement of the Chelsea game, tomorrow I shall have a day of PS4 gaming.

PES17 and Dishonored Special Edition are my choice.

Both are top class games.

I am only putting aside Skyrim and Fallout 4 for a short time!

Pro Evo 17 is the greatest football game ever.

Forget about anything else. It is so brilliant.

I've just played my first 5 hours training and a few matches on easy - what a buzz!

Just excellent.

Pro Evo 17 is the greatest football game ever.

Forget about anything else. It is so brilliant.

I've just played my first 5 hours training and a few matches on easy - what a buzz!

Just excellent.

Can you still download something to change the names of all the players and clubs to the correct ones? That is the main reason I have stuck with FIFA, in all honesty. But I will say I really enjoyed the PES demo.

Most of my gaming time is spent playing Rainbow Six: Siege, which is still (IMO) one of the best multiplayer games on the PS4 platform. The first release of the new season came out a couple of weeks ago, containing two new operators and a new map. It's brilliant that new upgrades and features to the game are still being added for free.

I am tempted to get Ghost Recon when that is finally released at the beginning of next month, but I'm slightly concerned that it's looked progressively worse with each trailer released (the first one released in June 2015 was spectacular but they've followed it up with some disappointing footage). It also worries me that, like The Division, they'll over-complicate the controls and have silly drop down menu's and graphics getting in the way of the screen constantly. Get that shit off my screen - I want to see what I'm doing!

Can you still download something to change the names of all the players and clubs to the correct ones? That is the main reason I have stuck with FIFA, in all honesty. But I will say I really enjoyed the PES demo.

Most of my gaming time is spent playing Rainbow Six: Siege, which is still (IMO) one of the best multiplayer games on the PS4 platform. The first release of the new season came out a couple of weeks ago, containing two new operators and a new map. It's brilliant that new upgrades and features to the game are still being added for free.

I am tempted to get Ghost Recon when that is finally released at the beginning of next month, but I'm slightly concerned that it's looked progressively worse with each trailer released (the first one released in June 2015 was spectacular but they've followed it up with some disappointing footage). It also worries me that, like The Division, they'll over-complicate the controls and have silly drop down menu's and graphics getting in the way of the screen constantly. Get that shit off my screen - I want to see what I'm doing!
If you're on PS4 then yeah you can, just an option file to change it I think. Much harder or impossible to do on the Xbox otherwise I'd have bought it myself.

Its really easy on the PS4. Not sure about Xbox.

Its really easy on the PS4. Not sure about Xbox.

Interesting. I've noticed it's quite cheap in a number of places now, so I might get it. I've just won the Champions League with Wolves on FIFA, so I sort of feel I've done all I can with that :icon_lol:

Interesting. I've noticed it's quite cheap in a number of places now, so I might get it. I've just won the Champions League with Wolves on FIFA, so I sort of feel I've done all I can with that :icon_lol:

So who did we have playing in the CL final?

Completed the story mode on Lego Dimensions earlier.

I've said it before but it's by far and away the best Lego game out there if you can afford the starter kit and have enough extra figures that have unique abilities. I'll never 100% it because you do need extra level packs etc but the main game is utterly brilliant. Way better than I expected and a huge improvement from the normal Lego games due to the puzzles created with the base unit.

(In an uber geeky moment, I realised that with the Dr Who set, you can change into any of the 12 incarnations (plus the War Doctor) once your die AND choose the Tardis interior and appropriate theme music according to which Doctor you are. It's a fantastic level of depth for fans of the classic series.)

Also saw the reveal of the Goonies level pack which is out soon. Damn you Lego Dimensions - I wish you didn't get on quite so well with my wallet.

After thousands of largely wasted hours, I'm finally breaking up with FIFA.

Bittersweet.

Apparently, Zelda Breath of the Wild is going to absolutely clear up with insanely high review scores.

Early indications are that it's the best Zelda game yet and a must for anyone with a Wii U or a Switch.

Can't afford to get it on release but hopefully it won't be long before its in my collection....

Lego Dimensions? Zelda Breath?

Urgh. Our tastes are SO different :icon_lol:

Bet you've never played a Zelda game.

Fair enough. You didn't get into Skyrim either did you?

Lego games are just fun - no idea why anyone wouldn't enjoy them.

Ocarina of time on Master Level is very challenging but brilliant.

Back