• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Not played Watch Dogs 2, the original put me off as the first was dreadful. Heard some good things about 2, would be interested to hear views on it from anyone whose played it.

I got WD2 for Christmas so have had a bit of time on it. Never played the original but this one is good fun, very GTA-ish for sure but the plot (from what I've worked through so far, which isn't loads, I'm easily distracted in games...) gives it its own personality and the hacking elements are fun. Likeable main character as well which helps in a game for me. Great location as well!

I got WD2 for Christmas so have had a bit of time on it. Never played the original but this one is good fun, very GTA-ish for sure but the plot (from what I've worked through so far, which isn't loads, I'm easily distracted in games...) gives it its own personality and the hacking elements are fun. Likeable main character as well which helps in a game for me. Great location as well!

OK, sounds like they've learnt some lessons from the first then. Might pick it up later in the year, bit busy with Skyrim at the moment!

Not played Watch Dogs 2, the original put me off as the first was dreadful. Heard some good things about 2, would be interested to hear views on it from anyone whose played it.

I bought the first watch dogs ages ago but only actually played it in the last 2 months. I thought it was pretty great, I enjoyed the story and found the gameplay decent. Main downside was that most of the side/extra stuff was very repetitive and I found a lot of it harder than the main game so I didn't really bother with much of it.

I've started the second one now and early impressions are good although I prefer the original at this point. That may just be because I'm not used to the differences yet. It seems to be aimed at quite a young audience though with the cool kid hacker main characters which I struggle with a bit. They've introduced a lot more non lethal take downs which is cool so you don't have to kill everyone.

I bought the first watch dogs ages ago but only actually played it in the last 2 months. I thought it was pretty great, I enjoyed the story and found the gameplay decent. Main downside was that most of the side/extra stuff was very repetitive and I found a lot of it harder than the main game so I didn't really bother with much of it.

I've started the second one now and early impressions are good although I prefer the original at this point. That may just be because I'm not used to the differences yet. It seems to be aimed at quite a young audience though with the cool kid hacker main characters which I struggle with a bit. They've introduced a lot more non lethal take downs which is cool so you don't have to kill everyone.

Yeah I like the variety in the missions, not just a case of wandering in all guns blazing. I agree re the other characters, a bit annoying but Marcus himself is alright.

Had a quick go on Fallout 4 last night for the first time in a while, thought I'd actually try and do something for a change so went to the Corvega Assembly Plant to kill some Raiders but I kept falling through gaps on the elevated road I was using to skirt around the place and dying so I've still not managed to accomplish the task at hand.

Seems to be a lot more developed around this part of the map that what I've explored thus far, Lexington or whatever it's called next door looks a fair sized town even though it doesn't seem to have anything going on other than a handful of Raiders and my most hated of wasteland foes, Ghouls. Have noticed a few crafting benchs dotted around there too though so is it somewhere I can add as a settlement further down the line?

I did manage to see some top comedy too though whilst pussying my way around on the elevated road, got to a point where I was overlooking some small settlement which was seemingly overrun with Ghouls, seemed strange as they're usually lying dormant until you approach, but I could hear some sporadic gunfire somewhere too. Started to pick a few Ghouls off with my sniper rifle and eventually some guy comes sauntering into town in his power armour, still 4-5 Ghouls knocking around at this point so it wasn't long before he'd been set upon and then killed by them, stupid prick, but then there was a series of explosions from somewhere that ended up killing the remaining Ghouls.

Had a quick go on Fallout 4 last night for the first time in a while, thought I'd actually try and do something for a change so went to the Corvega Assembly Plant to kill some Raiders but I kept falling through gaps on the elevated road I was using to skirt around the place and dying so I've still not managed to accomplish the task at hand.

Seems to be a lot more developed around this part of the map that what I've explored thus far, Lexington or whatever it's called next door looks a fair sized town even though it doesn't seem to have anything going on other than a handful of Raiders and my most hated of wasteland foes, Ghouls. Have noticed a few crafting benchs dotted around there too though so is it somewhere I can add as a settlement further down the line?

I did manage to see some top comedy too though whilst pussying my way around on the elevated road, got to a point where I was overlooking some small settlement which was seemingly overrun with Ghouls, seemed strange as they're usually lying dormant until you approach, but I could hear some sporadic gunfire somewhere too. Started to pick a few Ghouls off with my sniper rifle and eventually some guy comes sauntering into town in his power armour, still 4-5 Ghouls knocking around at this point so it wasn't long before he'd been set upon and then killed by them, stupid prick, but then there was a series of explosions from somewhere that ended up killing the remaining Ghouls.

I remember finding the Corvega Assembly Plant really tough when I first went in there. The map is very developed and almost crowded in places compared to Skyrim, but they have crammed in so many stories and things to discover it is worth going into every building you can. I'm looking forward to heading toward Far Harbour when I've got a bit more time.

I remember finding the Corvega Assembly Plant really tough when I first went in there. The map is very developed and almost crowded in places compared to Skyrim, but they have crammed in so many stories and things to discover it is worth going into every building you can. I'm looking forward to heading toward Far Harbour when I've got a bit more time.

There does seem to be quite a lot of enemies knocking around, especially considering it's one of the first things you're asked to do in the game, and I've not even been inside the place yet! I think I attempted to go there as soon as I was tasked with killing the Raiders there but ended up getting killed by something on the outskirts of Lexington before I even got as far as the assembly plant so I gave up for the time being and went to explore the largely empty bits of map between places I'd already been.

This is the furthest South I've been yet but you can see in the distance there's a lot more built up areas to come in the distance than what I've encountered so far.

Feel like I'm progressing quite well though, went through the perks list before I started to work out what things I really wanted, what things I had no interest in and so forth and think I've managed to stick to it quite well so far without really wasting any level-ups on perks I won't benefit from.

Last week Helder Costa got us our first special card on FIFA 17 Ultimate Team for his display V Liverpool. It was a marvellous day :nod:

More FIFA rubbish ha:
Edwards has been awarded an In-Form card for his brace V Barnsley!
2 special cards in a week. What is the world coming to.
To put it into perspective- all we had last season was an In-Form Ebanks-Landell. The season before we had 2 in total- Sako and Afobe.

More FIFA rubbish ha:
Edwards has been awarded an In-Form card for his brace V Barnsley!
2 special cards in a week. What is the world coming to.
To put it into perspective- all we had last season was an In-Form Ebanks-Landell. The season before we had 2 in total- Sako and Afobe.

Problem is if in your team you did have one of these special cards and a decent-ish Championship side to match. In seasons you'll end up playing someone who's got 2 bronzes and the rest of the team 84 rating or higher

Matchups aren't based on rating. They used to be in single matches (still might be). Either way I've bought both of them. 20k and 25k. Couldn't resist. Hope we get a few more.

Matchups aren't based on rating. They used to be in single matches (still might be). Either way I've bought both of them. 20k and 25k. Couldn't resist. Hope we get a few more.

It just seems to be no matter who you have in your team, you end up against some idiot with a blue payet or a ibra

The Dr Who level pack for Lego Dimensions is the geekiest game I've ever played with some amazing easter eggs for fans of the classic series.

Example: wanted posters of Weng Chiang in Victorian London and the giant Robot from Tom Baker's first ever story making a cameo.

Oh and I saw Bessie and a painting of Brigadeer Lethbridge Stewart on the wall of UNIT HQ. Which is a secret room I needed to unlock with Harry Potter.

Pure brilliance. It's the best Lego game by a country mile - it's very well done.

The Dr Who level pack for Lego Dimensions is the geekiest game I've ever played with some amazing easter eggs for fans of the classic series.

Example: wanted posters of Weng Chiang in Victorian London and the giant Robot from Tom Baker's first ever story making a cameo.

Oh and I saw Bessie and a painting of Brigadeer Lethbridge Stewart on the wall of UNIT HQ. Which is a secret room I needed to unlock with Harry Potter.

Pure brilliance. It's the best Lego game by a country mile - it's very well done.
I really need to buy this. Me and the girlfriend like playing Lego games together so figured this would be alright to get. Plus I really like that big Dimension thing you have to build.

I'm a bit stumped on Fallout 4 at the minute.

I've got to a point where I have several settlements under my control and set up supply lines between various ones so that they're all linked but it doesn't appear to link the items in their respective workshops, I thought that was the whole point of the local leader perk and setting up supply lines? I'm also pretty sure it has worked like that for me previously.

For example, I recently discovered Sunshine Tidings Co-op and shortly after Preston told me to go and put a recruitment beacon there to attract settlers, I already had a small generator and beacon at one of my other settlements so I went there, stored it in the workshop and travelled back to the Co-op looking to place it there but instead it made me have to build a new one from scratch yet I've moved it between different settlements in that fashion previously. I've had the same issue trying to move a water pump there because I haven't got the materials to make one, and when I go to the workshop there is hardly anything stored in there even though there's a supply line showing on my map.

Been sweating ARK Survival Evolved with several mates lately. It's awesome. Open world dinosaur/creature game. Anyone play it?

I'm a bit stumped on Fallout 4 at the minute.

I've got to a point where I have several settlements under my control and set up supply lines between various ones so that they're all linked but it doesn't appear to link the items in their respective workshops, I thought that was the whole point of the local leader perk and setting up supply lines? I'm also pretty sure it has worked like that for me previously.

For example, I recently discovered Sunshine Tidings Co-op and shortly after Preston told me to go and put a recruitment beacon there to attract settlers, I already had a small generator and beacon at one of my other settlements so I went there, stored it in the workshop and travelled back to the Co-op looking to place it there but instead it made me have to build a new one from scratch yet I've moved it between different settlements in that fashion previously. I've had the same issue trying to move a water pump there because I haven't got the materials to make one, and when I go to the workshop there is hardly anything stored in there even though there's a supply line showing on my map.

The shared resources can only be used in crafting/constructing. So the junk won't show up in other workshops even though it can still be used to craft and build. Also weapons/armour armour are not shared between settlements.
Supply lines are just for building and crafting purposes. Also make sure you connect every place with another. In a line of three the first settlement wont share with the third unless you connect them seperately.

Hope that helps.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is one of this month's free Games with Gold.

I had it for the 360 and it's ace fun, especially playing as Vader on the prologue level on Kashyyk.

If you've got Xbox Live and like Star Wars, you'd be daft not to download it.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is one of this month's free Games with Gold.

I had it for the 360 and it's ace fun, especially playing as Vader on the prologue level on Kashyyk.

If you've got Xbox Live and like Star Wars, you'd be daft not to download it.

The Force Unleashed us excellent. I played it on the Wii and it was very enjoyable!

Back